[HOW TO] iNSTALL XBMC ONTO YOUR OUYA

pfj

Oct 31, 2012
Norn Irn
There is nothing complicated with the ouya don't worry about all the terminology. Buy one. Install xbmc on it. Install some games/emulators on it and enjoy.

gowings

Dec 30, 2012
I did a fresh install of XBMC on my Ouya and went through fusion for repos. Is the HUB wizard not working , I get dependencies not met and most addons are broken that I installed including 1 channel and ice films.

bigdogeh

May 6, 2012
I did a fresh install of XBMC on my Ouya and went through fusion for repos. Is the HUB wizard not working , I get dependencies not met and most addons are broken that I installed including 1 channel and ice films.

what version of xbmc did you instal?

gowings

Dec 30, 2012
The version that is in the play store, weird thing is my Ap tv2 is running fantastic. I assume that must be the way to get the XBMC on the Ouya. Worked great before I mistakenly did a factory restore.

Last edited:

theballboy

Oct 10, 2013
dependencies not met

Same as. Ouya arrived today. Installed 12.2 version available from the discover section. But wont run xbmc hub wizard for me. Dependencies not met. Do we need to sideload a newer build perhaps?

theballboy

Oct 10, 2013
Ok sorted now. Used context menu to force a refresh and could then add the hub. No good overall though as the stable 12.2 stuttering on 720p files and no zeroconf. Anyways. Sideloaded the september monthly gotham which I find is fine

baruchin

May 7, 2012
Same problemas here. I tried to force refresh on all repos and still all addons say Broken

wantboost

Aug 11, 2013
Should I run hub wizard on ouya? The link on xbmc.org is broken to download xbmc for android. So I downloaded xbmc thru ouya, is this version thesame and will it rus the hub wizard

Last edited:

BenEadir

Oct 11, 2013
Hi Guys,

I installed the official OUYA version of XBMC a couple of months ago and was al happy with myself for figuring everything out but I'm now struggling with the codec licensing issue and most of my XBMCHUB add ons have stopped working so I've done a factory reset and having read some of the forum threads was about to sideload the November Gotham 13 Alpha 10 but then I read about SPMC in one thread and how XBMCHUB may not work with Gotham 13 Alpha 10 and now I'm unsure what to load!!

I liked XBMCHUB because I'm not very skilled at this stuff and XBMCHUB is the closest thing to a one click setup I can find.

Can someone give me a steer as to what I should install onto my freshly factory reset OUYA? My priority is to be able to stream all content from my NAS (so I need all codecs working) and to have all the popular add ons working i.e. Spor**dev*l, IceFilm, Na*i-X, 1Ch**nel etc etc

Help???

Ben

ptmuldoon

Jul 12, 2013
I was about to make a separate post, but having read through most of this thread believe I am suffering from many of the same problems with others and Video stutter issues, etc.

Is the Alpha 8 build the current recommended build to use? I tried with the latest nightly build, the "SPMC" version, and the Ouya-XBMC, and all 3 give stutter issues on a test move (Hunger Games), that is in 1080p and a mkv file.

Where would I find the Alpha 8 build?

EDIT: I assume the Alpha's from here? Anyone try Alpha 9 or 10?
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Development_builds

Last edited:

showgun

Dec 23, 2011
To Your Left
I am currently testing SPMC with its latest update to the 12.4 details. I think it is up to you realy. THEonlyissue i found with alpha 8 was that whenever I launch XBMC it would show an error for 1Ch**nel. THat error is pointless however as 1Ch**nel worked perfectly well. That said... I would refer to have the version being worked on for the OUYA, hence my current testing of SPMC.

That testing, however, is 7 or 8 hours in... so I need to get through a day or two and try all the codecs I have available.

baruchin

May 7, 2012
I am currently testing SPMC with its latest update to the 12.4 details. I think it is up to you realy. THEonlyissue i found with alpha 8 was that whenever I launch XBMC it would show an error for 1Ch**nel. THat error is pointless however as 1Ch**nel worked perfectly well. That said... I would refer to have the version being worked on for the OUYA, hence my current testing of SPMC.

That testing, however, is 7 or 8 hours in... so I need to get through a day or two and try all the codecs I have available.
1Ch**nel is giving errors because a metahandler bug. It's a known bug right now that it will solve itself.

joewish

Feb 4, 2014
I am new to Ouya. Spent some hours reading this forum.
My goal is really using XBMC + XBMC addon only...( i.e. Spor**dev*l, IceFilm, Na*i-X, 1Ch**nel,netflix)

Someone please steer me how to get here.

1) Install XBMC in the DIscover Sectio of my Ouya.
2) Install Configure XBMC with XBMC Hub wizard.
http://www.xbmchub.com/blog/2013/05/26/how-to-instantly-configure-xbmc-with-the-xbmc-hub-wizard-beta-addon/

3) DO a "Used context menu to force a refresh" when repos addons say broken.
(what is the exact steps)

(Optional?) 4) Continue with Fusion.xbmchub.com and continue with ADD-on
http://www.xbmchub.com/blog/2012/04/24/fusion-easy-addon-installation-for-xbmc/

Is this all? What about the Ouya default FIRMWARE or hardware Firmware. Do we need to update? What is the most current of the Ouya firmware version?
Do we have a firmware update links here?

What I don't understand is that "XBMC Hub Wizard betta addon" on step two says it will "saving you dozens of hours of hassles and learning" and "preconfigure your XBMC setup from the get-go. "
Does this mean list of popular/working Add-on will be added?

Thank alots!