[HOW TO] iNSTALL XBMC ONTO YOUR OUYA

TheLion

Jun 2, 2013
Central Florida USA
My ouya updated last night very interesting and noticeable changes. You must be hooked up to the internet for the updates to self install. It does it by itself, no help needed.

Stokie Mac

May 12, 2012
Whats the Best version of XBMC to use, as ive just got one of these & im using XBMC off the Ouya Discover & its rubbish..
People go on about these being Better & Faster than Apple TVs & i disagree..
My Apple TV every Add On runs like a charm where as the Ouya is Slow at loading & most times sources dont work for me..

showgun

Dec 23, 2011
To Your Left
Whats the Best version of XBMC to use, as ive just got one of these & im using XBMC off the Ouya Discover & its rubbish..
My Apple TV every Add On runs like a charm where as the Ouya is Slow at loading & most times sources dont work for me..
1) Sources working have nothing to do with the platform

2) OUYA is clearly faster than the Apple TV. The hardware alone proves that. I own ATV1, ATV2, and the OUYA. Any sense you have that the ATV products are faster is nothing but a plasebo effect. I can assure you of that with 100% certainty.

3) It has always been known that, until the update that came put THIS PAST WEEKthe discover store version offered no real HD capabilities. As such we have all Ben using either:

SPMC

or

Gotham Nightlies directly from XBMC.ORG.

These both offer different things as one is Frodo and was is a BETA... now, with last week's OUYA firmware update and XBMC for OUYA's app update... the little OUYA is a BEAST yet again. The OUYAS real limitation seems to be WIFI and 50hz

None of this is to say you can't like the ATV more than the OUYA. ;) I UNDERSTAND IF YOU DO.

strike0408

Nov 29, 2012
Canada
do like showgun said, install another version of xbmc. to make sure all your addons work use Beyond xbmc or spmc. Gotham beta is great to but not all addons work with it YET... but I also have both atv and ouya. but ouya is definitely Faster and smoother....