how to remove all trace of add-ons and viewing history?

gvilkas

Sep 19, 2016
Hello. we have lots of good information on how to add things be it fusion, indigo etc. But how do you wipe all history of such add-ons, the usage history, the shows viewed etc from the PC if you would like to?

Seems that reinstalling free telly or kodi does not do it as it somehow finds the history of shows I have watched.

Thanks for any advice that can be offered. I am sure it is something simple. Where is all this stuff stored?

JNRW

Oct 13, 2014
Hello. we have lots of good information on how to add things be it fusion, indigo etc. But how do you wipe all history of such add-ons, the usage history, the shows viewed etc from the PC if you would like to?

Seems that reinstalling free telly or kodi does not do it as it somehow finds the history of shows I have watched.

Thanks for any advice that can be offered. I am sure it is something simple. Where is all this stuff stored?
Try here

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=272112&highlight=Video+database+cleanup

FXB78

Aug 18, 2013
If you want to remove everything just delete the profile folder from here C:\Users\[USER]\AppData\Roaming\Kodi or C:\Users\[USER]\AppData\Roaming\Freetelly

gvilkas

Sep 19, 2016
If you want to remove everything just delete the profile folder from here C:\Users\[USER]\AppData\Roaming\Kodi or C:\Users\[USER]\AppData\Roaming\Freetelly
Thanks. This is pretty straightforward. Had about 1GB of stuff. One follow on question. I notice that an additional source of Kodi now is the Microsoft app store with windows 10. If you install from here there is no Kodi file in the Program Files and also the data is going somewhere else. any idea where?

Last edited:

Meep

Aug 23, 2016
If you install from here there is no Kodi file in the Program Files and also the data is going somewhere else. any idea where?
You have to jump through a lot of hoops and make permission changes to access the sandbox folders that Windows 10 apps use... I don't have the time right now to type up all the steps...

Meep

Aug 23, 2016
Rather then me type it all out, follow the directions on this page...

Code:
https://www.maketecheasier.com/access-windowsapps-folder-windows-10/
Once you gain access to that folder, look for the Kodi app folder, and open it... Off the top of my head I don't know the exact file structure of the app folder but there should be a userdata folder in there somewhere...

FXB78

Aug 18, 2013
Thanks. This is pretty straightforward. Had about 1GB of stuff. One follow on question. I notice that an additional source of Kodi now is the Microsoft app store with windows 10. If you install from here there is no Kodi file in the Program Files and also the data is going somewhere else. any idea where?
I don't see the benefit of using the app, as Meep says there are issues with permissions if you want to tweak things. For people like us it's more hassle than it's worth.

But if you did want to use the Win 10 App Store version it puts the userdata here C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\Packages\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p\LocalCache\Roaming\Kodi\

gvilkas

Sep 19, 2016
Thanks. that works. I agree I dont see the benefit of using the app. I just stumbled into it when trying to download a fresh Kodi installer. It was interesting that it installed in seconds and was running. Its just that I got a surprise when I went looking for the program folder and then the data. Let me correct this.. i do see one benefit. When I deleted the Microsoft store app Kodi... it cleaned up after itself as the xbmc folder is now gone.

Last edited: