How to uninstall and reinstall xbmc on your g-box

spanky

Dec 25, 2012
To Uninstall XBMC:

Step 1: Go to SETTINGS

Step 2: Choose APPS

Step 3:Choose XBMC and then uninstall the app.

To Reinstall XBMC:

the Download for xbmc can be found here http://xbmc.org/download/

Step 1: Download the file and copy to your SD card.

Step 2:Go to the App menu on your box (where you launch XBMC, Play Store, etc)

Step 3:Choose the App Installer (top left-hand corner, it should be the first app in the menu)

Step 4: You will be prompted to choose a source – choose External

Step 5: You will see the XBMC – choose the file and click Install

thats it In about 30 seconds, you’ll be good to go start setting up xbmc.

now to set up fusion and xbmc hub-wizard.

Step 1: Launch XBMC Software.

Step 2: Navigate to “SYSTEM” and then open “File Manager.”

Step 3: Select “Add Source” on the Left Side of the Screen.

Step 4: Click on the text box that says <None> to open up the keyboard.

Step 5: Type “http://fusion.tvaddons.co” (without quotations) on the keyboard and then choose the “Done” button on the left side of the keyboard.

Step 6: You’ll now see the site address that you just typed at the top is listed, next click the empty text box at the bottom under “Enter a name for this media Source.”

Step 7: You’ll now have a keyboard pop up, type “fusion” (without quotations) then press the “Done” button again.

Step 8: Verify that your screen appears as follows, and then press the “OK” button at the bottom in order to save the new file source.

Step 9:you should see fusion displayed in file manger now.assuming it does, you can now return to the Main Menu.

Step 10: From the Main Menu, choose “Settings” under the “SYSTEM” menu listing.

Step 11: Choose the “Addons” menu from the left side of the window.

Step 12: Select the “Install from zip file” option from the list.

Step 13: Choose the “fusion” folder listed on the right side of the popup.

Step 14: Browse through the Fusion folder and select config-wizard

Step 15: Return to the main menu, and navigate to the “Add-ons” tab under the “PROGRAMS” menu heading.

Step 16: Click on the “config Wizard” addon listed.

Step 17: Select the android platform.

Step 18: Wait a few minutes for the add-on to download the configuration content.

Step 19: Press “OK” when prompted that the procedure is complete, then return to the main menu.

Step 20: reboot xbmc

Enjoy your fully customized, pre-configured tvaddons setup.

Last edited:

Yorkie

Jan 14, 2013
South Yorkshire
Tried running frodo 12.3 on g-box Slav to no avail so ended up back with the stock rom works fine only issue is the CPU is running at 100% most of the time on. Would you say this is for the matricom release of g-box as some say there's no difference between the devices.

TheLion

Jun 2, 2013
Central Florida USA
I thought the whole point of buying a gbox was the fact that it has its own proprietary xbmc version that is matched to the hardware?

I actually did install 12.3 and it failed, the picture jittered and flickered, once I went back to the stock version all was fine.

I like to know more about why this was suggested, maybe I'm missing something.

spanky

Dec 25, 2012
hey pal, the gbox will work with the gotham builds of xbmc and the xaf custom build but doesnt work right with others, it was just a guide that i had throw together real quick on how you can uninstall and install xbmc and settin up fusion and wizard.

spanky

Dec 25, 2012
Tried running frodo 12.3 on g-box Slav to no avail so ended up back with the stock rom works fine only issue is the CPU is running at 100% most of the time on. Would you say this is for the matricom release of g-box as some say there's no difference between the devices.
hey pal, yes i put this up for the matricom gbox and i can verify it for the matricom gbox cause i have tested it out, but i cant personally say for sure about the slav cause i havent tested it my self.

xeryusdvirus

Feb 23, 2014
I lost video when I updated XBMC. The audio is working but video doesnt switch to movie. Im stuck on menu. What do I do?

robitt

Aug 8, 2013
Hey to all.What Spanky gave in his directions is right on.Have did this myself and works great.Some ad-on you may not like as I,but all you have to do is uninstall,or install others you like.Rock on!

REDOC

Mar 12, 2014
Hey Spanky just got my midnight set up the way I wanted (even did a fresh start) and then I errrrrr installed M....p and then got the blank screen. It worked great on my computers but not here. So unistall/reinstall of XMBC will dump all my prevoius settings? If so no bigger have the best wizards and install programs here for a fast return....to "normal".... Thanx
One more if I can steal my own thread: is this Matrix's own version when I do this (they say super xbmc) of xbmc or is it the Frodo 12.3 from this great site. Sorry newbie on board.

Last edited:

spanky

Dec 25, 2012
hey pal, yes a fresh install will wipe all the previous down, i suggest useing the latest gotham build of xbmc (13.0 gotham beta3)

hurst2001

Dec 10, 2013
Thanks spanky on the how to on the gbox ..Just a question i did everything and installed gotham beta 3 works awesome and was wondering can you go with zero cache ? What will it do? Also i use hub wizard and i am guessing some apps will not work with gotham? Thanks for time and any recommendations :)

showgun

Dec 23, 2011
To Your Left
Thanks spanky on the how to on the gbox ..Just a question i did everything and installed gotham beta 3 works awesome and was wondering can you go with zero cache ? What will it do? Also i use hub wizard and i am guessing some apps will not work with gotham? Thanks for time and any recommendations :)
If installed with wizard... The apps will work despite XBMC marking them as incompatible. As to cache... It won't do anything for you on the MX2, in my humble opinion, just a placebo effect. :)

Again... Just my two cents.

hurst2001

Dec 10, 2013
Ok well i am having a problem with Spo*ts De*il were it says can connect to server ...any way to fix this?

filletboy

Nov 27, 2012
Mass, US
Hi guys

loaded a flash on computer (xbmc.org APK) and shoved flash into g-box
open app installer and it says "no apk found" in external or in (also shows up) USB(A:)

humph

instead
installed it from the built in browser
it saves xbmc to apps

now if i can figure out how to remove the (old) icon from the dock?

Last edited:

Jalba

May 9, 2014
My gbox does not have movie25,sportsaholic, or ****** ... Is this common? Or am I suppose to add?