How to use lastest librtmp with openELEC

pipper69

Nov 28, 2012
@Tuxen
Thanks for the thread. I had no problem following the "How to..guide". Very clear and almost to easy to do !

I have a question which might be very stupid...however ... I had installed the official OE Frodo 3.2 and updated with librtmp as described in youur the How to guide.
Afterwards I have updated to the recent Frodo Rbej builds from 26.10. This build already include the latest librtmp. Should I disable the one I have installed in storage/lib ?

Last edited:

Gibbio

Dec 21, 2012
Does anyone know if this librtmp file would be built into a future release I'm not sure I'm able to tackle the SSH stuff not to proficient inthe area yet...

documentmqster

Feb 18, 2013
I was doing fine with this process but then when I got to Step 5, downloading the prewritten scripts, I get failed/error messages on both scripts. The message says "Command 'curl -L......etc' failed wtih a return code 0 and error message" and then a series of 0's and whatnot. Both downloads give the same error message. However, when I close out of the error message, I can see the autostart and hacklib files there in the directory. Does this mean that it worked and i should not worry about this error message?
I am using WinSCP.

jokster

Staff member
Jan 3, 2013
Tír na nÓg
ive just updated my main box to gotham (openelec 4.0.3 generic x86_64).
as far as i know i still need to update the librtmp plus i noticed errors in the log when using Spor**dev*l, so i gave this a shot.
it all seems to have gone well, the files are all where they should be and i havent seen the same errors on SD (i havent hammered into though as the missus was giving me the evil eye).

but when i try the test command i get "No such file or directory"
any ideas?

invisable

Feb 23, 2013
UK
ive just updated my main box to gotham (openelec 4.0.3 generic x86_64).
as far as i know i still need to update the librtmp plus i noticed errors in the log when using Spor**dev*l, so i gave this a shot.
it all seems to have gone well, the files are all where they should be and i havent seen the same errors on SD (i havent hammered into though as the missus was giving me the evil eye).

but when i try the test command i get "No such file or directory"
any ideas?
I had the same problem.

Gotham has a different boot process and the file structure is different so I pressume that's why that directory and file doesn't exist.

I'm not sure if there's another way of testing on gotham other then putting a bogus librtmp file in and seeing if a stream crashes, maybe tuxen will come up with something.

I can confirm, that i updated, I'm on Gotham and mine is working fine if that's any help.

jokster

Staff member
Jan 3, 2013
Tír na nÓg
i think its working.
its hard to tell with SD as some of the links are just dead. i guess these are the 404 ones in the log.
im using highways log viewer to have a nosey through - what a handy wee app :)

jokster

Staff member
Jan 3, 2013
Tír na nÓg
Gotham has a different boot process and the file structure is different so I pressume that's why that directory and file doesn't exist.
Autostart etc are in the .config folder as they should be.

invisable

Feb 23, 2013
UK
Autostart etc are in the .config folder as they should be.
Yeah that's the same, my autostart file also starts my vpn so I know it's being read.

Also there is a file called "ZZ-libhack" which has been created by the hacklib file in /etc/profile.d/ and when I had a look at it using the cat command it reads :-

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/storage/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
Which leads me to believe that our new lib directory is now being used.

I'm not sure that /var/log/messages exists in gotham hopefully someone with a bit of knowledge can help out here, as there may be another test command we could use.

There is a massive thread on this at xbmc.org I haven't read it for a while maybe worth a ask on there ?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?pid=1481392#pid1481392
From post #233

Last edited:

yayaya

May 30, 2014
sorry if this is a dumb question but will this still work if i do it on frodo 12.2 or 12.3

yayaya

May 30, 2014
hi guys im having trouble doing this on my pi. i managed to get the .so file into /storage/lib/ i copied and pasted the commands in step 4, i now have 2 files in my /storage/lib file, one is librtmp.so and the other is librtmp.so.0.
Then when i move onto step 5 the autostart command produces

OpenELEC:~ # cd /storage/.config
OpenELEC:~/.config # curl -L http://is.gd/kBaTzY -o autostart.sh
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
0 0 0 552 0 0 348 0 --:--:-- 0:00:01 --:--:-- 863
100 158 100 158 0 0 41 0 0:00:03 0:00:03 --:--:-- 87
OpenELEC:~/.config # curl -L http://is.gd/yQUqNm -o hacklib

then when i reboot my pi i go back into ssh and copy in the test code to see if it works i get

Jan 1 01:00:15 openelec user.notice Boot: # Rest of autostart.sh goes here...

any help guys woul be massivley appreciated iv been trying to o this for about 2 weeks now lol

invisable

Feb 23, 2013
UK
Looks like the hacklib file hasn't downloaded properly. Looking above it looks like you might of just needed to push enter :)

Log back in via putty and enter.

cd /storage/.config
curl -L http://is.gd/yQUqNm -o hacklib
You should see the file downloading.
Then restart and try the test command.

Last edited:

yayaya

May 30, 2014
thanks for your reply mate iv done that and restarted it. i thought everything worke fine untill i saw this at the bottom

OpenELEC:~ # grep autostart.sh /var/log/messages
Jan 1 01:00:15 openelec user.notice autostart.sh: Adding 3rd Party libraries to LD_LIBRARY_PATH!
Jan 1 01:00:15 openelec user.notice autostart.sh: Starting XBMC using /etc/init.d/93_xbmc

is that anything i should worry about?

invisable

Feb 23, 2013
UK
That looks fine to me, that line at the bottom is just an instruction as some people add other commands to their autostart.sh file :)