How to use lastest librtmp with openELEC

Quihico

Jun 4, 2013
On gotham you can use
grep user.notice\ autostart.sh /var/log/messages
as testcommand, output should be
Jan 1 01:00:22 openelec user.notice autostart.sh: Adding 3rd Party libraries to LD_LIBRARY_PATH!
Jan 1 01:00:22 openelec user.notice autostart.sh: Mounting RAM-based /var/tmp/libhack/3rdparty - requesting 1892k
Jan 1 01:00:22 openelec user.notice autostart.sh: Starting XBMC using /etc/init.d/93_xbmc
if latest librtmp is installed.

Edit: not working: my stupig bad, see post # 83 for correct test-command for gotham

Last edited:

Quihico

Jun 4, 2013
I'm really sorry guys, I tested it on the pi which I had dowgraded to Frodo & then updated so....
my testcommand isn't working.
Did get a proper check-command fortunately from post on XBMC.org
Code:
systemctl -l status xbmc-autostart
output should be something like:

Code:
xbmc-autostart.service - XBMC user autostart script
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/xbmc-autostart.service; disabled)
   Active: active (exited) since Tue 2014-06-24 12:28:30 CEST; 10min ago
  Process: 433 ExecStart=/bin/sh -c . /etc/profile; exec /bin/sh /storage/.config/autostart.sh (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
 Main PID: 433 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
   CGroup: /system.slice/xbmc-autostart.service

Jun 24 12:28:30 OpenELEQ systemd[1]: Starting XBMC user autostart script...
Jun 24 12:28:30 OpenELEQ autostart.sh[440]: Adding 3rd Party libraries to LD_LIBRARY_PATH!
Jun 24 12:28:30 OpenELEQ autostart.sh[445]: Succesfully updated /etc/profile.d
Jun 24 12:28:30 OpenELEQ systemd[1]: Started XBMC user autostart script.
Edit: Better test would be
Code:
mount | grep /etc/profile
output should be
Code:
tmpfs on /etc/profile.d type tmpfs (rw,relatime,size=1892k)
the first one only checks if autostart.sh is present & used, the last one shows if librtmp is used (if I understand it correctly). Also, I made an autostart.sh for OpenELEC on the pi which will update librtmp & reboot, just drag&drop in you configfiles-folder & reboot, wait for 2nd reboot & done. It's here.

Edit2: Special thanks to user Haakie, but people please remember: (and I quote)
don't bother me with difficult questions

Last edited:

drewki322

Jul 19, 2014
Edit: Better test would be [CODE said:
mount | grep /etc/profile[/CODE]
output should be
Code:
tmpfs on /etc/profile.d type tmpfs (rw,relatime,size=1892k)
the first one only checks if autostart.sh is present & used, the last one shows if librtmp is used (if I understand it correctly). Also, I made an autostart.sh for OpenELEC on the pi which will update librtmp & reboot, just drag&drop in you configfiles-folder & reboot, wait for 2nd reboot & done. It's here.
So I downloaded the autotstart file and added to to my configfiles folder, rebooted... and now nothing works! The openelec boot screen comes up, the version number pops up in the top left, and then BLACK. nothing. Any help??? Thanks!

EDIT: Ok actually it goes through a continually boot cycle like that about every 2 or 3 minutes; OpenELEC screen comes up, then black, two or three minute pause, then same thing...

Last edited:

Quihico

Jun 4, 2013
So I downloaded the autotstart file and added to to my configfiles folder, rebooted... and now nothing works! The openelec boot screen comes up, the version number pops up in the top left, and then BLACK. nothing. Any help??? Thanks!

EDIT: Ok actually it goes through a continually boot cycle like that about every 2 or 3 minutes; OpenELEC screen comes up, then black, two or three minute pause, then same thing...
Boot pi, go to \\ip.nr.of.pi\Configfiles & delete autestart.sh & do manual install.

drewki322

Jul 19, 2014
So I have done this down to the absolute letter of the word, but still can't get my streams going. I can use Spor**dev*l on the computer and verify that the exact stream in question is working, but then on the pi I either get "one more items failed to play, check the log..." Or I get the working wheel for 30 seconds and then nothing; occasionally the play bar at the bottom will pop for two seconds or so and then go away.

Here is my output when I type "mount | grep /etc/profile":
tmpfs on /etc/profile.d type tmpfs (rw,relatime) of note, after i rebooted my pi at one point there was "deleted" in there following the profile.d; so i did the entire librtmp update manullay again to get the current output but still no working streams

And here's the output when I type "systemctl -l status xbmc-autostart"
● xbmc-autostart.service - XBMC user autostart script
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/xbmc-autostart.service; disabled)
Active: active (exited) since Wed 1969-12-31 16:00:18 PST; 44 years 6 months ago
Process: 311 ExecStart=/bin/sh -c . /etc/profile; exec /bin/sh /storage/.config/autostart.sh (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Main PID: 311 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
CGroup: /system.slice/xbmc-autostart.service

Warning: Journal has been rotated since unit was started. Log output is incomplete or unavailable.

Any thoughts? I'm on Gotham 13.1 and used the librtmp file in the 5-14-14 Streamify fix folder (Rpi one).

slimcobra

Jul 24, 2013
Happy New Year to all. I haven't been on the forum much lately as my Pi as been working so well. I did purchase a new Pi from http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00L87YMGM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and was going to add it to my bedroom tv. I did the same setup as in my family room and I am getting the following error ***Error in mount_Flash:mount_common:could not mountlabel= SYSTEM*** I have tried another sd and getting the same results. Does anyone have any ideas?

Eldorado

Staff member
May 7, 2012
Why not just clone the card of your family room pi and write it to your new one?

Dam0

Aug 24, 2013
ok, so i assume im not the only one whos tried to gotham update process using kodi (openelec 5.0), and discovered constant kodi restarts.

funny thing is, kodi continually reboots each 2-4 seconds, however, a remote session runs through the restarts i think?

ive tried links under windows kodi, and they play, however when using kodi openelec 5 (should be pretty much same version), stream fails to start under OE5.

has anyone yet sorted out an update process for librtmp under OE5?

thx in advance,
Dam0

Dukman

Jul 30, 2014
ok, so i assume im not the only one whos tried to gotham update process using kodi (openelec 5.0), and discovered constant kodi restarts.

funny thing is, kodi continually reboots each 2-4 seconds, however, a remote session runs through the restarts i think?

ive tried links under windows kodi, and they play, however when using kodi openelec 5 (should be pretty much same version), stream fails to start under OE5.

has anyone yet sorted out an update process for librtmp under OE5?

thx in advance,
Dam0
If I read correctly, you tried to update from Gotham to Kodi using the Update folder method. It appears to update properly with most add-ons running. The problem I found was it still keeps your .xbmc/userdata folders and uses them as well as the .kodi/ folders.This seems to confuse the add-ons a bit.
From everywhere I've read, it's best to do a fresh install of OE 5.0, regardless of the platform. What I've been doing is 1)make a backup of Gotham using XBMC backup addon 2)new install of OE 5.0 3) restore Gotham backup with addon folder and userdata folder. It works well and doesn't carry over the .xbmc folder. Everything gets installed to the new .kodi folder. The only thing that doesn't make it over from XBMC backup is the guisettings.xml (your skin settings). I think it's just as well because a lot of Gotham skins are incompatible with Helix and especially with Rpi the minimal skins like Confluence work best.

I realize after putting so much work into your setup you would like to save it exactly as it was, but there are so many benefits to Helix it's worth the effort to redo a few things.

Hope this helps.:eek:

invisable

Feb 23, 2013
UK
Well since Red Penguin has been busy lately we haven't had a release for a while. Another member "wraithdu" has updated the librtmp for the pi it needs testing though.

Below is his post from the org librtmp help thread:

wraithdu' pid='1913223' dateline='1422944207 said:
Assuming the the patches were already applied to Shani-08's repo, here's the lib and utilities compiled for the raspberry pi :

Code:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/d5q4jktccst7b//librtmp
If someone could give that a good test, and post (or PM) me how to test the difficult sites from my end, I'd appreciate it.

BTW, compiling this for the pi, on the pi, is dead simple. Install the libssl-dev and zlib1g-dev packages with apt-get, clone the repo, and make (in case you don't trust pre-compiled binaries or want to do it on your own).

Brok3n

Mar 8, 2014
Well since Red Penguin has been busy lately we haven't had a release for a while. Another member "wraithdu" has updated the librtmp for the pi it needs testing though.

Below is his post from the org librtmp help thread:
Ami correct in thinking that if your on a latest stable kodi build then librtmp doesn't need updating as its included in stable releases ?

invisable

Feb 23, 2013
UK
I'm not sure, to be honest I don't think that's how it works.
Although I would assume the librtmp is fairly up to date I doubt it will have the latest fixes.
Having said that, If your not having issues then don't update.
If you live stream a lot and find a lot don't play then maybe update.

invisable

Feb 23, 2013
UK
Millhouse has just posted the following over at the org. It's worth noting for Helix users of Openelec on the pi that this method will no longer work.--
[quote='Milhouse]The librtmp library updates discussed in this thread are simply no longer compatible with OpenELEC, now that OpenELEC has switched from libssl to libressl. I documented the problems with libssl back in Aug/Sep of last year, and these problems remain with current librtmp.so builds, at least when using this build and also this build.

librtmp.so.1 needs to be linked against libressl or statically linked with libssl to be usable on OpenELEC.

Edit2: Anyone using my latest OpenELEC Raspberry Pi test build (based on Kodi 15) should disable the library hack as the built-in librtmp includes the very latest KSV patches.
[/quote]

invisable

Feb 23, 2013
UK
I think it means Millhouses "ihoff" builds or whatever they are going to call it shouldn't..
Having said that I've not found a stream that doesn't work using openelec 5.01

Yeah looking at this the last ksv patch was on the 9th Feb. This has been added to the Librtmp in millhouses latest test builds
Code:
http://stream-recorder.com/forum/customized-rtmpdump-binaries-patch-file-t16103.html?

Last edited: