How To's

umOuch

Feb 29, 2012
Somewhere In This Crazy World
WHAT HOW TO'S WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE?

We are ready to get back on making a never ending stream of How To Guides for the site and we are eager for ideas and input. What would you like to know how to do (in relation to XBMC) ?

tuxen

Banned
Mar 23, 2012
Denmark
You set them up just like any other folder you want to incorporate in your XBMC library. Maybe this can get you started on the default folder to add in 1Ch**nel beta. It's the same principle if you want to add the download folders you can set in Ic*f*lms only different is the folder does not contain actual movies in 1Ch**nel only very small .strm files.

Look in this thread for an example on 1Ch**nel beta: http://www.xbmchub.com/forums/1Ch**nel-plugin/720-latest-1Ch**nel-beta-git-installable-zip.html And I'll recycle something general again:

When you up a library first go to video files and select "add videos" select the folder where the movies are in and give it a name then press ok. On the next page if the movies are in sub folders tick the option "movies are in seperate folders that match the movie title" and tick "run automated scan".

In the field "this directory contains" (top left) it is important that you choose the correct type movies, tvshows, or music videos! Then press ok. It should now ask to scrape the folder(s) and make the library, choose yes.

It is very important that you movies have the correct name therefore I find it easier to put them in sub folders then you only have to make sure the movie folder has the correct name, and tick the before mentioned "movies are in seperate folders that match the movie title"

J2048B

Jul 12, 2013
Advanced settings xml's examples, epg stuff w examples, add on set ups, xbmc explanations as to when certain occurrences happen such as stuttering, off video/sound etc... The wikis are just so jumbled and full that it takes or could take a newbee hours if not days to understand setups and such ...

umOuch

Feb 29, 2012
Somewhere In This Crazy World
Advanced settings xml's examples, epg stuff w examples, add on set ups, xbmc explanations as to when certain occurrences happen such as stuttering, off video/sound etc... The wikis are just so jumbled and full that it takes or could take a newbee hours if not days to understand setups and such ...
No.sarcasm... At all... But have you tried searching our GUIDE SECTION? It's in the Levi bar at the top of the screen

wAhgs

Aug 10, 2015
I am new to forums. Also, how do I use my log files here, and have someone interpret my errors?

chris123

May 23, 2016
WHAT HOW TO'S WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE?

We are ready to get back on making a never ending stream of How To Guides for the site and we are eager for ideas and input. What would you like to know how to do (in relation to XBMC) ?
none of the tv addons work they say no stream avalible or error message

idokfire

Dec 7, 2015
none of the tv addons work they say no stream avalible or error message
This is the How To thread. I suggest choosing one add-on to report and find the appropriate section. Also, provide a debug log in your post for the best help. Instructions in my signature.

Idok Fire

idokfire

Dec 7, 2015
I'd love a tips tutorial on how to read a debug log. I want to help but not sure what I should be looking for besides anything that says errors. Of course this would probably be add-on specific but still.

Idok Fire

Bobfather

Dec 13, 2014
Hi on my current set up I can not have Kodi and the internet open at the same time, so a printable version of the guides would be nice. Also since most of the addons are installed the same way maybe you could give more of an overview about each add on. Thanks.

jokster

Staff member
Jan 3, 2013
Tír na nÓg
Guys look at the age of this thread, stop kicking the corpse and start a new thread for help.
@bob
Either alt+tab or "/" to flick between screens

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
U Kodi Support 0