I can not get any stream to connect in Kodi 17.1

appollo147

Apr 2, 2017
For the past several days I have not been able to get any stream from any plugin or repository to connect in Kodi 17.1. Kodi is still able to gather other information from the internet such as movie information and updates to the plugins, I just can not playback any video or audio stream. I would like to say once again the problem is not with any one plugin or repository it is with all of them leading me to believe Kodi itself is the problem. I either get an error saying "unable to connect" or "unplayable stream" whenever I try to stream anything through Kodi. I am using a plugin that automatically clears out my kodi cache and other junk files when Kodi starts, so I know that is not the problem. I have also tried a fresh install of Kodi with no results. I have no problem streaming from any site through my browser so it's not my internet either, as I have a 60mbps connection. Thinking I might have a virus or some spy or malware I cleaned out my system junk files including the junk registry files. AVG came up negative for viruses, and Spybot S&D also showed negative results. I did not make any changes to my PC before the problem started or afterwards. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Stoofer

Staff member
Apr 18, 2015
Wales
Not that then. If you believe that it's the Kodi program itself that is the problem then you are better off asking them directly for help, this site tends to concentrate on the add-ons themselves so all information tends to be skewed towards supporting those and Kodi itself just peripherally. They will probably ask you to post a log for more information in their Forum, if you have anything they deem to consider "unaccetable" they you'll be binned immediately so I reccomend doing a clean install of Kodi followed up with an installation of a couple of the official Kodi Repo add-ons, replicating the problem and then having a nice clean log ready for them to look at.