I give up!

tomainzy

May 3, 2013
Does ANYTHING actually work on xbmc?
Sick of getting messages like 'Unable to' & 'removed' & that ridiculous X that comes up along with THAT noise.Even Na*i-X is letting me down now.

For sale=
X1 Apple TV 2
X1 Mini neo
X1 Nexus 7(2nd gen)
X2 Galaxy S4.

o9r1sh

Sep 12, 2012
Michigan
Yes, plenty of things work great. I have 345 addons installed on my HTPC and rarely have issues with them. Then again I'm more than happy to try additional sources when I run into an playback errors. Sure Beats 100$ a month cable bill ;)

mj71

Jan 13, 2013
Does ANYTHING actually work on xbmc?.
Yes

No idea what "unable to" "removed", a"ridiculous x" is or what noise you are on about

If you need help then just ask,dont get frustrated

Your other posts seem to be trouble with 1Ch**nel,is this your issue? And if so how far have you got to resolve it?

Last edited:

tomainzy

May 3, 2013
I'm in the UK & one by one,everything seems to have stopped working.Either that or when I try to play something,it shows as playing but doesn't!
I have tried fresh installs on everything (see the above)....nothing.
I have all but run out of patience.Surely this can't all need a VPN service?

tomainzy

May 3, 2013
By the way.1 channel used to be superb.Used to be!
*edit* the British Government

Last edited by a moderator:

o9r1sh

Sep 12, 2012
Michigan
I'm not in the UK but everything I've read leads me to believe that a VPN would likely help considerably.

mj71

Jan 13, 2013
The only things that need a vpn or similar are the ones that are either geoblocked or have been blocked by your isp such as 1Ch**nel and projectfreetv
There are others i believe from blazetamer that are geoblocked

It isnt a fault of xbmc or any of the addons,but there are ways to solve it by using a proxy or vpn

Have you set any of these up
ANd when you say everything stopped working,you need to be more specific so people can help you

mj71

Jan 13, 2013
By the way.1 channel used to be superb.Used to be!
*edit* the British Government
please keep it clean,and its nothing at all to do with the british government.The isps have had court orders to block these sites,not to do with the government

And as explained above and in all the other threads,1Ch**nel still works

You need to calm down and stop getting frustrated otherwise you wont get anywhere

stammie

May 10, 2012
The Blue Nowhere
As has already been stated 1Ch**nel and project free tv wont work in the UK without a proxy or VPN,
addons which work for me superbly in the UK are Ororotv, GOtv, Much Movies HD, Yify Movies HD, Los Movies and Ic*f*lms, Simply Player was good too but has been a little flakey lately but is showing signs of a comeback.
With these (and probably more available here but these are the ones I use and know) you should be able to more than replace the content availalbe on 1Ch**nel and pft.
If you have issues with these working then I'd say its most likely a problem with your ISP, if you're with TalkTalk they've been known to block sites without any court orders or if you're with Sky they recently introduced new filters which seemingly are blocking way more than they should do.
You could also have a problem within your network, have you tried rebooting your router and/or modem and checking their settings?

With referance to your 'removed' comment have you used any addons or wizards no longer supported here or from less reputable sites?

tomainzy

May 3, 2013
I have just used fresh start,then set up Fusion & installed the wizard as per normal.I have enabled the custom domain......still getting= "failed to connect to URL",even with Hola running to.
Now I have taken a few deep breaths....am I missing something?

mj71

Jan 13, 2013
Hola wont work,its for geoblocked content
As explained this is not a geo issue,its an isp issue so you need to use a vpn or proxy that will cover that

There are threads on here with all this info

Enabling the custom domains wont work either as they seem to have been blocked

You need to either set up your own or purcahse a vpn

http://www.xbmchub.com/forums/bstrdsmkrs-repository/16175-step-step-make-Pri**wire-proxy-1ch-uk-users.html

http://www.xbmchub.com/forums/bstrdsmkrs-repository/16013-vpn-proxy-discussion-thread.html

Last edited:

stammie

May 10, 2012
The Blue Nowhere
Hola is a browser plugin for Firefox and Chrome isn't it? Unless they've changed it recently running this wont effect XBMC which runs outside of the browser.
If you must run 1Ch**nel or PFT my own personal opinion is to not waste too much time trying to get proxy's to work, any working ones will soon get added to the block list or get swamped with traffic making them virtually unuseable, there is a thread here about setting up your own proxy but this isn't something I've done so can't advise on.
Again its just my own personal opinion but paying out for a VPN is going to be a must for the average Joe in the UK to access those sites.
I know we all have our favourites and I'm like the rest and am often reluctant to change but I think if you try out the addons I mentioned in my previous post you might get a pleasant surprise and feel you don't need to bother with the hassle of getting the blocked sites working.

samu-rai

Nov 15, 2013
I agree with everything everyone else has said. I really would urge you just to purchase a VPN. For £25 a year, 99% of the issues you are experiencing will be resolved.

I know 1Ch**nel (or rather Pri**wire) is probably the best known (hence why it was one of the first to be blocked), and it has a lot of choice, but if you try some of the other add-ons suggested I think you'll find it pales in comparison.

This is just the start of the blockages for us here in the UK, so get a VPN, then everyting irir :)

HANNAH

Jun 26, 2013
Set up a proxy just for yourself. There are step by step instruction on this site. Have set my own up and it wasn't too difficult and haven't had a problem since

s4m

Jan 4, 2014
there is a program addon called 1Ch**nelproxifier reading description it says that it will enable immediate use of the primwaireproxy servuce for 1Ch**nels users who are blocked due to censorship in the UK..

im only new to this but hope it helps you :)

bracky1

Aug 15, 2013
Scotland
there is a program addon called 1Ch**nelproxifier reading description it says that it will enable immediate use of the primwaireproxy servuce for 1Ch**nels users who are blocked due to censorship in the UK..

im only new to this but hope it helps you :)
Hi s4m, this advice is now out of date as the proxifier is built in to the latest 1Ch**nel and some of the proxy sites are already banned.

The best way round the blocking of sites is to get a VPN and there is a section on the board discussing this.

At the moment you can make your own proxy by following the advice here.

http://www.xbmchub.com/forums/bstrdsmkrs-repository/16175-step-step-make-Pri**wire-proxy-1ch-uk-users.html

s4m

Jan 4, 2014
thanks bracky1
i currently live in australia and thankfully I havent had these issues YET, but its good to know. aus tends to follow suit with things like this and im sure this advice will come in handy in the future... :)

bracky1

Aug 15, 2013
Scotland
You're most welcome :)

Browse around the forum and check the guides at the top of the page.
Loads of helpful advice and friendly advisor's if you need extra help.