I have a problem with the Ouya

cooltwou

Dec 25, 2013
I have a Ouya running Beyond Xbmc & it auto boots into that program but I have a problem now the Controller Lights will flash but will not cut on at all what do I do about this

Last edited:

cooltwou

Dec 25, 2013
They are brand new batteries & how do you re-sync the Controller when it auto boots into Beyond Xbmc & you have no way to get it out of it without the Controller not sync up

baci

May 13, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Try connecting a wireless mouse and work your way to the controller and resync! Wireless keyboard will work just as well.........

josh3794

Jan 20, 2013
You have two ways to pair the controller. You need a keyboard or mouse for both though.

1). From the ouya launcher go to manage > pair controller.
Once on this screen, hold down the OUYA system button on the controller until the two center LEDs start flashing, then let go of the button. The controller is now in pairing mode and the two center LEDs will flash until the controller is paired. May take up to 30 seconds.

2). in xbmc go to programs then Android Apps/programs. Then select either settings or advanced settings. I'm not near my box so I'm going by memory.
From here go to Bluetooth which should be the second option down. Click search for devices in the top corner and put the controller into pairing mode as above. The two should connect.

feegus

Feb 17, 2014
This happens to me all the time on my Ouya. Controller loses sync often and when you autoload xbmc its a real pain!

I always have to go upstairs and grab my wireless keymote to fix it. Not sure what I'd do without it.

filletboy

Nov 27, 2012
Mass, US
Sometimes just unplugging the console (with remote lights off) and (i wait at least 10 min or sometimes when I am goin out for a day) then plug it back in
re-sync

and test