I have a question

Shushwap

Feb 8, 2016
Setting up a m8s for my 70 year old mother
I was wondering if there is any way to control her unit remotely from my own home
She can barely turn on her pc and I know hooking a box up at her house is going to be a royal pain if I have to try and talk her through anything on the unit
She lives 1.5 hours from me so its not like I can run over there and fix any issues that may arise
Any help is appreciated
Thanx

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Try Team Viewer. It is a free app that allows you to take over a supported device from another. I do that all the time for my 80 year old mother in-law.

fracl

Jan 1, 2015
Setting up a m8s for my 70 year old mother
I was wondering if there is any way to control her unit remotely from my own home
She can barely turn on her pc and I know hooking a box up at her house is going to be a royal pain if I have to try and talk her through anything on the unit
She lives 1.5 hours from me so its not like I can run over there and fix any issues that may arise
Any help is appreciated
Thanx
Why would you want to do that? my mom is 80 and as much as i love her i'd never hook her up with a box..! ive had some experience with her and a laptop a few years back, not good. simplify her life man don't complicate it..lol

greektycoon

Apr 2, 2016
not sure it works for android .

but if she has a pc hooked up to the tv that has kodi on it.
you can use remote assistance in windows from your home .
you also can buy a remote for the pc that works for kodi or wireless mouse .
you also can make kodi boot up on windows start up boot to kodi.

at that age your mom will get cofused anyway .
maybe she should move in with you lol .
i have mine here ................ at 75 and will be with her to the end .

Last edited:

Shushwap

Feb 8, 2016
Why would you want to do that? my mom is 80 and as much as i love her i'd never hook her up with a box..! ive had some experience with her and a laptop a few years back, not good. simplify her life man don't complicate it..lol
I currently pay for her Netflix and that is all they watch as they are now used to not having commercials and they come over and think my little black box is the greatest thing since netflix lol

idokfire

Dec 7, 2015
I currently pay for her Netflix and that is all they watch as they are now used to not having commercials and they come over and think my little black box is the greatest thing since netflix lol
I have to agree with fracl, Kodi is for hobbyist. Really not meant for everyone. That's why we have so many people demanding things and no knowledge. However, I understand why you would want to do this for her. Maybe reply would be better? Definitely easier.

greektycoon

Apr 2, 2016
you can have kodi with netflix addon !
and use
the pc windows kodi install and use remote assistance all in one .
and control it from your home
without a android box lol ............;)

Last edited: