I have around $100...

tampametal

Jun 16, 2014
Florida
Would Ouya be my best option for this price? I'd really like an minix x8 but what's your opinions? I know some people don't like Android for there to box but what is the latest greatest?

Thanks all

rkogen

Jun 9, 2013
Personally I like the Minix neo x8-h. They are a great box and can be had for around $140.to $150.. You can see the reviews on Youtube. JMO..

jarcuri

Dec 9, 2013
I've had the ouya and the fire tv blows it away in my opinion...the wireless is flawless, the speed is amazing, and if you have Amazon prime it only makes it better

FoneFreak

Aug 27, 2013
Blows it away is not that fair, they both have their place. Fire TV is proberbly the best android device at present pleasant to use as the remote is better than ouya controller method.

In saying that if you open a link say in GOTV BOTH devices take the same amount of time to open the link about 14 seconds (this is the important part, the speed), ie movreel etc takes the same time on BOTH devices.

The amlogic s89 is also 100% similar in speed to the above 2 devices, the slowest is Raspberry PI, which takes about 40 seconds.

If you really want something to blow both devices out of the water then maybe consider a NUC?

Good luck

rextoba

Apr 30, 2013
Manitoba, Canada
For the $100 I would go with the Ouya if you are near your router or if you plan to use a wired connection. If you have any issues with the Ouya, most of them have been dealt with before so the support is good. If you don't like the controller you can use the Yatse app on your smartphone to control XBMC with ease. Just my 2 cents.

bigter

May 10, 2012
Canada
I believe for the the price Ouya is for sure a good way to go..Very cheap for what it does.The ouya is easy to load too.

PrinceALi

May 11, 2012
I have the Ouya box and I would personally go with the Ouya since you only have $100. I canceled my cable due to the capability of what the Ouya can do. I have it played like its a regular android by downloading apps and watch live tv from it just like you would on your phone. Also it's XBMC friendly which means it already have XBMC pre-installed and update XBMC for you when it needs to be on its own even it's still on version 12.4.1 I believe without any issues. Lastly you can even play games from old school to new school just like if it's a play station or something. It's well worth it my opinion. I told friends in my area about it and none gave me negative response.

:)