I have Kodi 15.2 isengard but is that the latest?

Deefur

Feb 5, 2015
16.0 seems to lose skins etc if you use a build. I'd done my own and 3 times I've switched my box on and greeted with the old confluence blue screen.
Addons are still there but for some reason the aeon nex set up and my skins had vanished.
Back to 15.2 and no such problems.

TheLion

Jun 2, 2013
Central Florida USA
Bells and whistles do nothing for me. I'm there to watch things and have no interest in glitz and bling. Functionality is all that counts and the functionality with addons is fine.

Everyone's different that's for sure.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
16.0 seems to lose skins etc if you use a build. I'd done my own and 3 times I've switched my box on and greeted with the old confluence blue screen.
Addons are still there but for some reason the aeon nex set up and my skins had vanished.
Back to 15.2 and no such problems.
That is the reason why builds, custom or home made, are not discussed on this forum. They almost always cause issues.

FXB78

Aug 18, 2013
Not sure what you mean by a "Build", sounds like you just made a few skin mods. As far as I can see Aeon Nox should work fine with Jarvis, so you'd be better off raising your issues on the offical Kodi forum thread where these things are developed.

Last edited:

StaplerUk

Aug 23, 2015
With 16 shortcuts disappear if you disconnect the power from the device for a short period, If power is connected constantly its fine but if for eg you move the device [firestick/android box etc] to another room you will lose the shortcuts.

FXB78

Aug 18, 2013
With 16 shortcuts disappear if you disconnect the power from the device for a short period, If power is connected constantly its fine but if for eg you move the device [firestick/android box etc] to another room you will lose the shortcuts.
Works fine for me. Perhaps you guys are pulling the plug without shutting it down properly, I've not seen any of these issues with Jarvis or any other version of Kodi.

idokfire

Dec 7, 2015
Backtrack. If I recall correctly, it may not technically be a build but an installer. But it's all relative.

Frederick_99

Sep 18, 2012
UK
Backtrack. If I recall correctly, it may not technically be a build but an installer. But it's all relative.
hypocritical is possibly how i would i call it :cool:
and it is called TVMC CUSTOM BUILD !!

quote from this website

Install TVMC to Amazon Fire TV

We’ve made it much easier for you to get Kodi going on your Amazon Fire TV by submitting it to the Amazon Appstore for easy installation. In case you don’t know what TVMC is, it’s our custom build of XBMC that comes with everything you need preconfigured, all the best add-ons and customizations done for you. Just follow the instructions below and you’ll have TVMC running on your Amazon Fire TV in a couple minutes.

Last edited:

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
LOL. little bit hypocritical, I know. But at least this one is built 'here' and thus supported here.
The think about TVMC is that it also only installs TVAddons addons, none of the garbage from every Tom, Dick and Harry who release what they think is great but only works for months or, in some cases, days.

GrimeySkillz

Dec 9, 2014
Thanks for the help everyone! I ended up installing it over the previous kodi version and all the settings imported just fine thank you all!