I need help hosting the skin!!!!!!!!!

fastcolors

Dec 1, 2012
Italy
[SOLVED] I need help hosting the skin!!!!!!!!!

Apparently SiO2 is hitting the spot for many people...
the skin repo is down.... :(

DropBox suspended my account for generating more than 20GB a day in traffic...
...let's see...

skin is 19 MB, limit is 20 GB!!!:eek:

it makes 1077.89473684 download in 1 day. :D

...anybody knows a way to get more traffic???????

Last edited:

fastcolors

Dec 1, 2012
Italy
Nope.

I have no clue how to setup the access to github. and cannot be tested since when trying to fetch the zip file xbmc uses the one already fetched and seems to work.

This sucks.

damn dropbox!!!

tuxen

Banned
Mar 23, 2012
Denmark
If everything goes wrong contact me after I upgraded my speed even Ic*f*lms metadata users can't keep up and only takes up half. :p

May 6, 2012
England
Only just seen this post but if you're still having issues then SVN on googlecode works well. I can help guide you through the setup process if you want, github also works well but I've never used that so can't help out on that one I'm afraid.

Well done on the skin, didn't realise it was quite that popular - that's amazing!

MarkRich

Banned
May 13, 2012
I have a hosting account I can upload it to as well, Shanewilliams on here may help out as well, he's hosted my RPi image as well as tuxens

fastcolors

Dec 1, 2012
Italy
I have a hosting account I can upload it to as well, Shanewilliams on here may help out as well, he's hosted my RPi image as well as tuxens
Thanks so much for the support. so Far I found a hosting solution. But I will keep in mind if any more issues will arise.

again. Thanks to all the forum for the will to help!!!!

fastcolors

Dec 1, 2012
Italy
1.2.2 for the skin

I hade many issues with the repo... I ended up using sourceforge, but seems like it's behaving weirdly...

I'm trying to push 1.0.9 REPO version & 1.2.2 SKIN VERSION

at one point wasn't showing the skin up as an update... and there seems to be no way to update the repo.

it's a huge mess. :(