I think I broke Kodi

Danny_H22

Apr 21, 2016
So I've spent a few days putting together a custom build on my PC. Installing the addons I want and designing my home screen etc. Today I used FileZilla and ES File explorer to transfer the folders from my PC to my AFTV.

Once that was done I loaded up Kodi on my AFTV and I showed the preparing for first startup message. Promising. Then it began to load up Arctic Zypher, my chosen skin. However this was the last of my successes. Practically all of the headers I had set didn't exist and the ones that didn't weren't linked to where I wanted them. All the addons I had installed previously were still present and the new addons I had installed on my PC werent.

So what did I do wrong? And how can I fix it?

AsphyxNYC

Apr 7, 2017
Did you copy all the AppData stuff as well?

Kodi puts a lot of stuff onto the system drive and into the Users/Appdata folder when run normally on a PC. For this reason I have always run Kodi on PC in Portable mode. This puts the data inside the actual Kodi Instal folder in a folder called portable_data.
So if I ever need to move the install and all it's settings to another PC I can simply Install Kodi on the new box, Copy the entire portable folder there and then change the Icon to load Kodi in Portable mode on the new machine. Works a charm!