I would like to get to know all of you.

umOuch

Feb 29, 2012
Somewhere In This Crazy World
So, as many of you have already learned I really enjoy getting to know the members of this site. Since the creation of XBMCHUB I have been blessed to meet people from all over the world. Many of you already email, IM, and Skype with me on a fairly regular basis, but I would like to meet more of you... And more importantly I would like you all to meet each other. Here is my thought, tell something about yourself that is beyond XBMC. We all have XBMC in common, but what else? Perhaps there are individuals here who share other passions, interests, and points of view. Maybe, just maybe, you may make a friend.

For example, I am also a musician. I love music, and for years traveled with a band around the west coast of the united states. We never got BIG, but I loved the experience and it molded my life in many ways.mi am always looking for new bands that I would not have heard so feel free to send me suggestions if you ever find something good. ;)

Anyway, this may be a pointless thread, I just felt like typing I guess :)

jas0npc

Banned
May 5, 2012
UK
Have to say this is an exerlent forum, People here are really helpfull and try and help when/where they can, I have been on some forums where new users are ignored, told their not posting quality posts...

Jas0npc (ill in bed with bad foot infection foot swollen to 2 times its normal size, stonned on pain killers, So if i tell you i love you, u know why)

stammie

May 10, 2012
The Blue Nowhere
Jas0npc (ill in bed with bad foot infection foot swollen to 2 times its normal size, stonned on pain killers, So if i tell you i love you, u know why)

Ouch, you have my sympathies, I had that a few years ago via an infected blister and it was one of the most painful things I have ever endured,
get well soon mate

Mikey1234

Banned
May 6, 2012
UK
I am mike or mikey and definitely not mickey , you call me mickey and I won't respond.....I am 36 wife 3 kids I love anything tech and also like umouch am a musician well singer which is possibly why I created Mikeys Karaoke......

I own with my brother a company that builds marinas worldwide

www.simbropontoons.com

Have a muse might see a marina I've built near you....

I am totally dedicated to the hub and willing an actively helping as many as I can

stammie

May 10, 2012
The Blue Nowhere
Being one of your older members (I have the best part of a decade on Mikey) I now lead a pretty boring life and don't have too much interesting to say about myself, I'm sure I'd bore the pants off of everyone if I started telling stories about "the good old days".
Now I have a confession to make, on a daily basis I don't really use any of the addons here, although some prove to be good backups when my normal um... sources don't have what I need.
So why am I here? I have family and friends who do use the stuff the great devs here produce but are to be kind too tech illiterate to work things out for themselves so Stammies tech support gets called upon quite regularly.
Also I like you guys here, its all too rare these days to find a site full of people willing to help others, many people and places seem to forget they were noobs once which is why when I can I like to offer any advice that may be useful.

Oh and having seen Mikeys thread over at the main XBMC site please don't let one person get you down, this is the same anti piracy person who used to pm me for livestreams he wanted and was only too willing to pirate any F1 streams.

k1m05

May 6, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Hey guys I am a bit of a shy fella in the forums. I really love the hub and how the staff here actually cares enough to make a thread like this. You all have been a great help, no questions go unanswered even when there is no good answer. I am 29 from eastern Canada. I work tonnes at a crappy recycling job. I love the outdoors. I own a boat a couple of kayaks and camp when ever I can. I dont usually use my boat cause the wife's fathers is much bigger. This summer was very low on time, I have been working 6 days a week so I did not even buy a fishing licence this year :( I also love Heavy Metal and God D*** I hate Country Music Soooooo much.

bigter

May 10, 2012
Canada
Well I'm 46 yrs old. I find this site great and very helpful. I work on cars for a living body work and mechanic. I have a family with two kids a boy and a girl. I came from the fta world,now play with apple. I really like meeting new people here. From Sask Canada. Thanks

stammie

May 10, 2012
The Blue Nowhere
Hey guys I am a bit of a shy fella in the forums. I really love the hub and how the staff here actually cares enough to make a thread like this. You all have been a great help, no questions go unanswered even when there is no good answer. I am 29 from eastern Canada. I work tonnes at a crappy recycling job. I love the outdoors. I own a boat a couple of kayaks and camp when ever I can. I dont usually use my boat cause the wife's fathers is much bigger. This summer was very low on time, I have been working 6 days a week so I did not even buy a fishing licence this year :( I also love Heavy Metal and God D*** I hate Country Music Soooooo much.
Yes some jobs are more fulfilling than others but it is my honestly held opinion that anyone in employment should take pride that they are providing for themselves and or their family.
Probably 95% of us doing the same thing day in day out regard our jobs as crappy but as I said we should take pride in the fact we are working rather than expecting someone else to provide for us.
Also I understand your feelings about working 6 days a week through the summer, I've had to do the same thing many many times over the last year to pay off a tax bill that wasn't my fault (a cockup between my company and the tax office),
at times its been hard but now coming through the other side I'm glad I gritted my teeth and got on with things.

jas0npc

Banned
May 5, 2012
UK
Well I'm 46 yrs old. I find this site great and very helpful. I work on cars for a living body work and mechanic. I have a family with two kids a boy and a girl. I came from the fta world,now play with apple. I really like meeting new people here. From Sask Canada. Thanks
I needed your advice last week lol, brake caliper was seized ended up taking her in to the garage in the end :) still i know for next time..

great thread umouch

bigdogeh

May 6, 2012
great thread you started umOuch.
I'm a millwright by trade (sawmill and pulpmill), so don't take anything to a garage... always fix it myself, anything from an oil change to pull a motor or transmission. my daughter keeps me busy with the junk cars she buys...haha. I still have around 10 years left till retirement. I also dabble in sat a little, tech stuff has always interested me. I love to fish and own a 33' maxweld aluminum catamaran (twin diesel). Fish anywhere along the west coast of BC for salmon and halibut. last few years have enjoyed fishing out of Prince Rupert.
Pretty happy with my life in general and that's the main thing.