Request I'm a little confused about this VPN stuff.

JohnMI48314

Feb 3, 2013
Michigan, USA
Hi all,

Been a long time since I have posted here but this VPN thing has me a little confused; I got and installed IPVanish on my Android Box and all seemed to go well. Now when I go into the Settings in the front-end that I run Kodi from under Cable (this is where you configure the Internet connection) it has all the old internet information provided by my Router DHCP.

Two questions; one is do I need to change any of DHCP information before I run the Kodi app; second is do I need to make the front-end connect to IPVanish some how?

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Romster

Aug 16, 2012
if you've installed the ipvanish app then run it and logon you shouldn't have to change any dns settings because you use your current isp dns settings to connect to the vpn server and then the vpn server routes all of your traffic through that connection

JohnMI48314

Feb 3, 2013
Michigan, USA
if you've installed the ipvanish app then run it and logon you shouldn't have to change any dns settings because you use your current isp dns settings to connect to the vpn server and then the vpn server routes all of your traffic through that connection
I'm in the USA and I did install ipvanish and let it configure itself and when I connect to a server say in Canada via ipvanish so my misses can watch a TV Program that is restricted to Canada IP addresses then run Kodi and she still can't watch it because Canada blocks it from being transmitted out of Canada so I must be doing something wrong. Are there anything I need to do in Kodi in order to have Kodi use ipvanish instead of the default router settings?

Thanks again in advance for any help using a VPN with Kodi.

Tom Mac

Dec 9, 2014
I have tried Ipvanish on Kodi -- It is not worth having in my opinion -- a not very good system -- channels that i can get without Ipvanish = cannot be found using Ipvanish -- freezes also -- needs a lot of work done before it is of any real use