I'm so close ....

trujap

Apr 27, 2015
Hi all,

I've spent nearly the last few months reading and reading about this raspberry pi and how to load up kodi with all it's bell's and whistles. So I just borrowed a friend's PI sitting around and starting to build.

I have a RPi 1, model B. Using a duracell class 10 SD card. Loaded raspbian from NOOBS.

From there i went to the wiki and found the command code to download KODI
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install kodi

after that i followed the instructions and loaded fusion installer and then all my add on's etc..

My first attempt at using 1Ch**nel allowed me to move through the guides and find something i wanted to test. I clicked the link and it's starts.... nothing.. black screen, the timer moves up to 14 secs or so but nothing.... i hit back and try another.. again same thing.

so i restart it all and try again. This time it works.. but that's been the only time i was able to get anything to work. All my attempts since have resulted in the link opening and all the background link page moving infront of what should be the movie. i have to click on what should be the movie to have it on full screen.

So i followed a few other guides and went to maintence and had the zero cache buffer created. from my RPi i overclocked it to 950Mhz.

Still nothing and i feel like i'm sooo close.

Does anyone have any suggestions to help a brother out??

thanks!!

Dukman

Jul 30, 2014
I think the easiest way to solve your problem would be to forget about Raspian/NOOBS. Go with Openelec. Just go to the openelec site and grab the Rpi B+ version. Instructions are there for writing the image to an SD card. Almost any SD card will work. If you use a 16 Gb Class 10, you'll have plenty of room for Kodi and addons.

Start here: http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php/Raspberry_Pi

Watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8N-jE_qkP4

Done. Enjoy.

Chi-Town

Apr 25, 2013
I think if you have a big enough sd card you can install both (rasperian & openelec ) using berryboot

trujap

Apr 27, 2015
Ok, i wasn't aware of Berryboot. Going to format my card right now and add berry boot with openelec and rasbian. thanks again!!

1Jester

Dec 18, 2014
Ok, i wasn't aware of Berryboot. Going to format my card right now and add berry boot with openelec and rasbian. thanks again!!
The problem with Berry boot is (sometimes) you need to wait for the shared kernel to be updated before newer versions of some installations will work, pick either raspbian or openelec and just install that to your sdcard

you can also if you wish install openelec to a USB 3.0 flash/thumb drive and run it from either the sdcard as the os with USB as the storage partition, or just run the install from the USB itself, using the dual os/storage option is probably the fastest way to utilise the PI to its full potential

the PI 2 is now available and it's quad core chip and 1gb of ram has breathed more life into the pocket rocket PI, running the new pi via USB with a minimal 950 over clock is a complete different animal from the b version you have, it's almost PC like in response times, links aggregate faster, little lag even on pretty high end skins and a much smoother experience makes it the first choice in the budget market to use as a media centre, it blows a lot of cheap android boxes away (although it doesn't have the option of Android games as a bonus)