dazzlerellis

Jun 8, 2012
Scarborough
Tools Needed
I’ve uploaded them to Mega for Ease
Signer.zip (windows/linux)
Notepad++
https://mega.co.nz/#F!2ZlHWCwQ!T1ZD6EFCD8sEIMsTRFEnbA

Grab the image file you’re going to be working with.
http://www.xbmchub.com/forums/pivos-xios-ds-discussion/4607-%5Bfull-guide%5D-installing-linux-xbmc-sumvision-cyclone-nano-m3-1gb-model.html

1.Unzip the signer.zip to desktop
2.Place your unsigned firmware into the same folder (rename extension to zip if not already)

3.Open zip with 7 zip or similar (do not extract)
4.Navigate to META-INF -> com -> google -> android and open updater-script with notepad++
5.Remove the first two lines containing product and device id and save.

6.Rename to update.zip
7.Now open a cmd prompt and navigate to the signer folder
8.Enter the following command ‘java -Xmx1024m -jar signapk.jar -w testkey.x509.pem testkey.pk8 update.zip update-signed.zip'
9.Rename update-signed.zip to update.img
10.Voila

If you get any java error in dos you will need to add java location to windows environmental path all as here http://java.com/en/download/help/path.xml

Last edited:

dogsballs

Jan 29, 2013
thanks i tried to do this myself a while ago but always got the unsigned update warning. now i can give it another go cheers

Moose2000

Apr 28, 2013
So with this method would I be able to install a Pivos Image on something like a MyGica510b? And can anyone confirm its working? I tried with a Toys4Me image earlier and it laughed at it.

Luddite

Jul 21, 2012
Dublin (Ireland)
ccadi im still on frodo 12.0
i believe latest is 12.1 but it hasnt auto updated as im still 12.0 in settings. i thought geniatech update.img was that it would push auto updates. Do you have to manually update?. hub maintenence?

mygica 510b

mj71

Jan 13, 2013
xbmc wont auto update.
update img is just the name of the image that you use to flash with
You will only have the version of xbmc that is in that image that you use to flash with

Luddite

Jul 21, 2012
Dublin (Ireland)
Oh ok, the onus is on geniatech then, if thats the case they havent updated their image since i installed. So i take it openlec, toys etc have updated already.
I was thinking of crystalbuntu as i believe that will auto update xbmc from now on even though that only concerns ATV1.

dogsballs

Jan 29, 2013
Hi I just used this great guide to put a new firmware on my mygica A11.
Just a side note when entering the command prompt I was using the one from the download

java -Xmx1024m -jar signapk.jar -w testkey.x509.pem testkey.pk8 filename-unsigned.zip filename-signed.zip

instead of the one on the first post

java -Xmx1024m -jar signapk.jar -w testkey.x509.pem testkey.pk8 update.zip update-signed.zip

silly me I thought that they would have been the same, may want to change the one from the download site to correspond

dogsballs

Jan 29, 2013
umouch I knew that just thought for the sake of accuracy

just on a side note I tried both toys latest image and the pivos one and much prefer the pivos one I found the toys latest very laggy. Both keep userdate on sd card.

Last edited:

oso

Sep 19, 2012
I need to update to fw 1.19, is there a way of making an SDcard that will update the Firmware AND add linux xbmc at same time ?

bubblegum57

Feb 15, 2013
Harrow

bubblegum57

Feb 15, 2013
Harrow
Just a quick update, I have just installed the gotham image.

One slight problem, I had just got used to using the ******* ******* to watch tv shows. With the new image, ******* seems to be incompatible.

Never mind, I have a couple of sd cards with Frodo user data, I'll just put the Frodo image back on, & use one the sd cards.