Image Firmware Signing Instructions

ZackRampage

Jul 24, 2013
New York City
Hello, frodo "12.2" uses a different file structure from gotham "13.1" you have to back up your user data and completely wipe your box at the update page then flash the box with gotham, then reinstall your apps.
Will I need to buy a sd card and stick it into a usb peice and then stick the usb peice in the box where it says usb? I wiped both cache and data and when I put the update.img on the sd card then stick the usb in pivos usb port and go to update from sd In pivos it shows its empty :(

Geezer247

Mar 14, 2014
Hi.
I had almost the same problem could not see the .img on the sd card then i read something about pressing the f1 menu key on your original nano remote 8 times to make it refresh. I was using a usb keyboard from a android tablet so pressed f1 on that and it appeared..

bubblegum57

Feb 15, 2013
Harrow
I have found there are a few compatability issues with Gotham. Ie *******

If you are going from Frodo to Gotham, Put the image file, onto a micro sd card, change extension to img from zip if necessary.
Create a new folder at the root of the sd card xbmc-data
Go to recovery, wipe user data media data etc, install image reboot.
The first reboot will take time as the user data will be copied to the xbmc-data folder on the sd card.

Use the micro sd slot, if you don't have one you could put the image file on to a usb stick, but the problem will be that on every reboot the usb might change from sda1 to sda2, this is a Linux problem, I think.
Then carry on as you would for xbmc.
If you want to go back to Frodo, again empty xbmc-data folder wipe user data etc in the recovery mode. Then install Frodo image & reboot.

bubblegum57

Feb 15, 2013
Harrow
Thanks, quickly tried it, but the image is full screen in recovery, but is smaller & up in top left hand corner after boot up.

Once booted can see skin etc & settings are 1080 etc

I'll go over to the pivos forum to see if anyone else is getting this.

Back to 13.1 for the time being.

Thanks again

Seems I'm not the only one, the-hydra has released another image for people to try. I'll wait to see if it gets sorted out.

Last edited:

cruz1383

Nov 5, 2012
can i request the new 13.2 hydra reuploaded after the one up top came out please...

Last edited:

bubblegum57

Feb 15, 2013
Harrow

ccadi

May 7, 2012
RepubliK of Mancunia
Last edited: