Image Firmware Signing Instructions

damac10

Apr 11, 2014
Thanks @ccadi Will try this one. I renamed and flashed last upload but box goes into loop. Boots and at last minute returns to recovery menu over and over. Hope pivos didn't sneak in a new final check to block people on generic m3 boxes.

ccadi

May 7, 2012
RepubliK of Mancunia
Just had a look on pivos forum. This issue has occurred for some people on earlier versions.

Removing the checks does nothing to the image, just removes the instruction to check what box is being installed to.

There are some suggestions to help with the problem but no outright solution

bubblegum57

Feb 15, 2013
Harrow
Hi, I have just tried this, but it seems to be stuck in a loop, & just goes back to the Android menu.

Have put the previous version back, & that is fine.

I'll try another microsd card tomorrow.

Luddite

Jul 21, 2012
Dublin (Ireland)
Out of interest was this the white coloured mygica or the black coloured Sumvision Nano slim?.
Mine was the white mygica which was earlier than the Sumvision slim so trying to find a common denominator.

Luddite

Jul 21, 2012
Dublin (Ireland)
Too bad for us. The strange thing is Tofu 14.2 worked grand which gives hope that if they release a 16.0 stable it may work so im hoping ccadi will be up for that.
In the mean time i will confirm does the same loop occur on the black Sumvision if my brother brings it over today. I have a feeling it may work as these were a much later version and supposed replicas of the XIOS DS.

bubblegum57

Feb 15, 2013
Harrow
Too bad for us. The strange thing is Tofu 14.2 worked grand which gives hope that if they release a 16.0 stable it may work so im hoping ccadi will be up for that.
In the mean time i will confirm does the same loop occur on the black Sumvision if my brother brings it over today. I have a feeling it may work as these were a much later version and supposed replicas of the XIOS DS.
Mine works well on the previous version, so I'm happy. I have thought about wiping sd card, settings etc & then try again. I have a NUC, my grandaughter uses the mygica.

Luddite

Jul 21, 2012
Dublin (Ireland)
Mine works well on the previous version, so I'm happy. I have thought about wiping sd card, settings etc & then try again. I have a NUC, my grandaughter uses the mygica.
Yeah reverting to 14.2 works grand. Dont let me put you off if you want to try a different micro sd but that isnt the problem. Its the architecture of the box. I tried it off usb and a different formatted sd and still no go.

bubblegum57

Feb 15, 2013
Harrow
Yeah reverting to 14.2 works grand. Dont let me put you off if you want to try a different micro sd but that isnt the problem. Its the architecture of the box. I tried it off usb and a different formatted sd and still no go.
if you have tried a different card & usb, there is no point me trying.

I am looking at a Amazon Fire TV, I have some Tesco clubcards vouchers I could use. I can't really justify it to myself though.

damac10

Apr 11, 2014
Yes on my mygica 510b it's a no go. Reverted to 14.1. The issue seems to be they unlocked cpu to run at 1ghz where mygica was under clocked. This is causing loop going back a few firmwares. Only solution would be to modify so cpu is not unlocked

Luddite

Jul 21, 2012
Dublin (Ireland)
Interesting that and this is encouraging from a dev

=====================================

''Because if you don't add it to the tofu-pre script it wont survive reboot.

You need to do this instead

CODE: SELECT ALL
cd /root/.kodi
wget http://www.pivosforums.com/download/file.php?id=656 -O S94tofu-pre
chmod 755 S94tofu-pre
reboot

This will download the script from the forums (its just that single line of command you quoted above), save it as S94tofu-pre (unless its that exact name and case it will get ignored), set it up as an executable script (so box can execute it at boot time) then reboots the box.

And don't validate using BogoMIPs , to verify box was actually underclocked, once reboot is done, SSH and execute:
CODE: SELECT ALL
cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq

If you get "800000" back then you have the box underclocked to 800 Mhz.

============================================

However ive tried the latest image on my brothers 510B that was always underclocked and the latest image doesnt survive reboot. ''
I wont be able to try it for a while but if someone wants to try it

damac10

Apr 11, 2014
But surely if img Is renamed to zip . extract files. Change command line that unlocks cpu to remark or comment. Then zip and change back to img for flashing. In theory should be good to go

garz

Jul 20, 2015
I know this thread is an old thread - but can anyone post a link to the latest *,img file ( or Zip) that should work on a Nano Slim plus - M3 version.
looks like 14.2 was done and worked fine for most people - so a copy of that would be fine

if anyone had done a later one that would be fantastic!

cheers