[IMG] Rasp-Elec (8gb)

Hustler

Mar 24, 2013
Florida
@thomzendk
Maybe Image never installed? Can you view it in notepad? I did not like the win32imager. kept asking me to reformat and was afraid to loose data. I wound up using UsBit disc imager. worked great to save to windows desktop and flash a copy to another SD. OH and yeah, Take a long time to flash.
Good Luck

Last edited:

thomzendk

Mar 30, 2013
@thomzendk
Maybe Image never installed? Can you view it in notepad? I did not like the win32imager. kept asking me to reformat and was afraid to loose data. I wound up using UsBit disc imager. worked great to save to windows desktop and flash a copy to another SD. OH and yeah, Take a long time to flash.
Good Luck
My problem, is that after formatting with SDformatter, and putting on the card with Win32DiscImaginer no problems shows, W32imaginer just says complete, and if i browse the SD card afterwards, it has made a FAT partition for the bootup files (those around 10 files, with bootinfo etc..)

-But furthermore, if i use one of the images from http://www.raspberrypi.org/, it works by formatting with SDformatter, and putting the image on with Win32DiscImaginer... ? ;(

Last edited:

tuxen

Banned
Mar 23, 2012
Denmark
The other partitions are ext4 so you can not "see" them in windows.
The only thing you can see is the fat partition as you mention. Have you tried booting the card?

thomzendk

Mar 30, 2013
The other partitions are ext4 so you can not "see" them in windows.
The only thing you can see is the fat partition as you mention. Have you tried booting the card?

Ye i know the ext4 isnt visible in windows (except from disk management...), and yeah, have tried putting the SD card in... (And when i put it in, i get nothing on the TV, and the ACT lightens once as soon i power it on, but turns on after around 3 secs) -and then nothing happends.. ;(

tuxen

Banned
Mar 23, 2012
Denmark
Ok just probing I know the questions sounds lame. But I've seen worse. :)
That's a real odd error is the ext4 partitions written? Should boot anyway though.
Hmm the only thing I can think of is try the USBit app I've heard some (including in this thread) that have had better luck with that tool though it makes no sense when you can write a OE image. Sorry that nothing comes to mind I'll let you know if it does.

Last edited:

thomzendk

Mar 30, 2013
Ill try it out, thanks! :)

-Just to be curious, im using a 16gb SDcard, (it was the only one i had..) -but should not make a difference, if im right? :)

thomzendk

Mar 30, 2013
Hmm, after using USB Image Tool i get the same error (the ACT blinks once, and then only pwr, but no signal at hdmi...) :(

When i look it up in disk management, i can see the SDcard contains:

One 64 MB Fat Partition
One 126 MB Primary partition (Cant see what kind (but probably ext4) (Im running Windows..)
Two times 1,75GB primary partitions, and the rest of data is still unallocated...

So im my terms, it seems as it have to, but still dont work! :(

tuxen

Banned
Mar 23, 2012
Denmark
That's odd.. The partition layout as you say seems ok. Sounds like a berry boot issue then as to what I'm blank. Sorry.

thomzendk

Mar 30, 2013
yeah, but if it was a beery boot problem, it should be the same for all images transferred to the SD from win32diskImager, or UsBiT...? :(

-Any clue where i can find a Raspbmc image packed with squashFS? (Then i can make the image i want..) hehe ;)

-Gonna try it all out with another pc, and hope its some kinda win8 problem.. ;)

kostasm

Mar 29, 2013
hello..

i have problem too with this img. i used sdformatter & then win32diskimager & everything goes normally. but when i put my sandisk 16gb class 10 to the raspberry pi the only think happens is a black screen!
any ideas ? maybe i have to check smtg in configuration file?

Izzie

Mar 28, 2013
Kent, UK
Hi MetalKettle

Hoping you can help with this problem that I am having, I just got my Pi and followed the instructions on Tuxen's image page for setting up the SD Card but all I get is the power light come on and the ACT light flashes Green once and that's it, I also tried it with different SD Cards all of which are SanDisk Class 10 (4GB, 16GB) & a Class 6 16GB Non Brand.

Every one of them does the same thing and using your Image or Tuxen's Image.

As my Pi is new and it is my 1st one I didn't know if it was a duff board or not I went and had a look using good old google and found the following on http://elinux.org/R-Pi_Troubleshooting#Red_power_LED_is_on.2C_green_LED_does_not_flash.2C_nothing_on_display
"Older images do not load boot code for revB boards with the Hynix chip. Use release 2012-02-09 (?) or later. (I observe a single blip on the green activity LED)"

Which I don't have a clue what it means really but my Pi does have the Hynix Chip :( (wanted the Samsung one lol).

I also loaded up the wheezy os and the Pi worked and then tried MarkRich's Image and it worked but not sure why yours or Tuxen's didn't work which is what I wanted to use really.

If it is something really simple that I have not done please don't banish me i'm just a newb. :D

tuxen

Banned
Mar 23, 2012
Denmark
It's because it apparently has the old boot loader (not very nice move from RPi foundation there).

Ok first write wheezy or marks image, then copy these files from the card to a folder on the computer:
Code:
bootcode.bin
fixup.dat
start.elf
Then write this or my image to the sdcard after that copy the 3 files back from the computer folder to the sdcard overwriting the old ones.

Now it should boot?

I will update my image with these files to.

tuxen

Banned
Mar 23, 2012
Denmark
This image or mine? Because this is has berryboot which I'm not familiar with.
Strange no color gradient screen either?

Izzie

Mar 28, 2013
Kent, UK
Can you post the serial number of the large chip in the center of the board?
Hynix
H9TKNNN4GOMP
LANDM 301A

Bottom left corner of the chip
***Looks Like I'm not 100% sure***
* VTLF8457
The V looks more like an upside down A but with the cross bar of the A going Diagonally.

Last edited:

Izzie

Mar 28, 2013
Kent, UK
Metal I don't know if you updated your image lately but I tried your image again today along with Tuxen's suggestion about copying across the 3 files from Marks image and it worked this time, also whilst I was looking around the raspbmc side of things instead of the openelec version I pressed the minus volume button by mistake and it works and so does the mute button. So is there a way to get the file that deals with the remote from raspbmc and put it to the openelec version ? & would it work ?

Very cool image I must say and seeing the old systems in the emulator side of things brought back some old memories :cool:

Pat

Apr 22, 2013
Rasp-Elec works !! :)

Metal I don't know if you updated your image lately but I tried your image again today along with Tuxen's suggestion about copying across the 3 files from Marks image and it worked this time, also whilst I was looking around the raspbmc side of things instead of the openelec version I pressed the minus volume button by mistake and it works and so does the mute button. So is there a way to get the file that deals with the remote from raspbmc and put it to the openelec version ? & would it work ?

Very cool image I must say and seeing the old systems in the emulator side of things brought back some old memories :cool:
I can confirm... it works using the replacement of bootcode.bin, fixup.dat ans start.elf from the last Whezzy raspbian !!
thanks !
a little question : I burn the image on a 16Gb sandisk ultra. Is there a way to extand the partition to the whole sdcard ? and i don't see NES or SNES on chamelon ! ??? :confused:
Thanks.