Indigo Error

Sparkle111

May 15, 2018
Indigo error box appears every time Kodi is launched. Everything is up to date with latest versions of all tools and resources etc. I cannot get any playback from any feed.
Help!

TheChairman

Feb 28, 2013
Indigo error box appears every time Kodi is launched. Everything is up to date with latest versions of all tools and resources etc. I cannot get any playback from any feed.
Help!
I had the same problem. It looks like there is a problem with the update from version 4.0.3 to 4.0.4.
Look inside some of your repositories and look for version 4.0.3 then uninstall 4.0.4 and reinstall 4.0.3 and turn off auto update.
I did this and it stopped the indigo error that comes when you launch Kodi.
Hope this helps

Wodehouse

Jul 9, 2014
It's now June 3rd... and you'd think that someone from TVADDONS team would have addressed this by now.

Perhaps I am being overly presumptuous and ungrateful?

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Hard to help when it doesn't happen to me. Also, without a log, troubleshooting is next to impossible. I am not a dev and can't read logs but I am sure if a log is posted, a dev will have a look at it. Mostly, Shinzin is the one who overlooks Indigo. If you don't get an answer once your log is posted, PM him.

ILuvMovies

Jun 2, 2018
I too am having a issue with downloading indigo on my windows laptop, I have the correct fusion link and everything seems ok until i try to download indigo getting a error about a script i will try to port the actual message.

gemneye

Jan 9, 2014
Post a log. See my signature on how to do this.
20:59:15.662 T:1673524128 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
Error Contents: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'group'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.indigo/service.py", line 71, in <module>
if kodi.get_var(run_once_path, 'hasran') == 'false':
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.indigo/libs/kodi.py", line 374, in get_var
var = re.search(name + '''.+?(\w+|'[^']*'|"[^"]*")''', content.read()).group(1)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'group'
-->End of Python script error report<--

Shinzin

Staff member
Feb 16, 2017
Sorry for not replying before. I was waiting for a log so that I could duplicate the error and verify a fix
With that said, I dont think that that log reflects the issue that the others are having.
The only way I could get that specific error was to go in and change whats in the the file that its trying to regex.
I dont think that people are going in and changing whats in the file.
Even deleting that file gives a different error.
That file is installed when indigo is installed or updated and should not be changed.
I did make some code changes for the next update to try and fix some errors that could possibly arise.
But i'm just guessing here.
Its like your car needing brakes and you take it to a mechanic and tell them my cars not working right. fix it.
Please, if you get an error, post a log so that people can see whats happening.
Please dont make me beg.

Last edited:

831kcjones

Dec 28, 2016
Florida suncoast
No way to enter/edit path to save log file as instructed in this forum. Running Indigo 4.0.5, error when trying to run/auto run the maintenance script. Will post log file if I figure out this path issue.

Shinzin

Staff member
Feb 16, 2017
Yes. Please post a link to your log file. so we can see what the error is and whats causing it

Shinzin

Staff member
Feb 16, 2017
No, that log had everything I needed.
The issue is from reporting the disk sizes for aftv andriod.
I tested for android on my phone and it works fine.
Windows for xbox has a similar issue.
I extended the error control I aded to include all the platforms.
I'll see if we can get an update out right away to get the system info part if indigo working right.

831kcjones

Dec 28, 2016
Florida suncoast
Greatly appreciated!

Hate to put more work in your lap, however, your prompt attention to this was very much appreciated. Keep up the good works, and the battle against the big guys!

Wodehouse

Jul 9, 2014
With 4.0.6 update, I'm still getting an error.

New log file: https://pastebin.com/3Y0tiH6n
I'm running Indigo 4.0.6 on both my 2nd and 3rd generation Fire TV's.

I continue to get the INDIGO ERROR message on my 2nd gen FTV.

However, I do NOT get the error on my 3rd Generation Fire TV where the INDIGO program continues to work fine.

Does this have something to do with the different operating systems on these two devices?

Any chance the error can be fixed on the 2nd Gen FTV?

Wodehouse

Jul 9, 2014
FWIW... I still get the error running INDIGO 4.0.6 on my XIAOMI MI.

There goes the theory that this is an Amazon Fire TV issue alone...

struttie

Jul 8, 2018
Hi all. Indigo seems like a really powerful tool, but I've been having a lot of problems with trying to install anything from it. I decided to finally post to see if I can find a solution. I'm quite the noob, so after looking at the error logs several times, I'm still no further forward in trying to understand what the problem is! Anything I click on within Indigo to install comes up with "Indigo error check the log for more information". I'm using a fire box connected to my TV. I took a photo of the latest error within the log - not sure if that helps to identify the problem or not - I can't find a way to post the photo on here though?
Thanks in advance for any light anyone can shed on this for me!
**Edit - I followed the instructions to 'upload an error log', but I keep getting 'TVA error uploader' and Indigo won't let me enter en email address.

Last edited:

831kcjones

Dec 28, 2016
Florida suncoast
**Edit - I followed the instructions to 'upload an error log', but I keep getting 'TVA error uploader' and Indigo won't let me enter en email address.
I also get this error, but finally used PASTBIN to copy/paste the log. Not easy on FIRE TV.

I'm still getting the error when I have Auto Maintenance feature on, but can use the CLEAN functions individually and successfully. I don't typically use any of the other function.

If someone is monitoring this issue, my latest log file link is in previous post, and your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

gemneye

Jan 9, 2014
This is the error seen when trying to get system info from indigo tool after today's update:

14:40:52.455 T:1358402464 NOTICE: Indigo NOTICE: [Errno 21] Is a directory: '/storage/.kodi/addons/repository.xbmchub'
14:40:58.281 T:1358402464 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
Error Contents: unsupported operand type(s) for +: 'long' and 'str'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.indigo/default.py", line 459, in <module>
system_info()
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.indigo/default.py", line 250, in system_info
freespace = maintool.convert_size(freespace) + ' Free'
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for +: 'long' and 'str'
-->End of Python script error report<--
14:40:58.615 T:1944842240 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.program.indigo/?mode=system_info&name=System%20Information&thumb=%2fstorage%2f.kodi%2faddons%2fplugin.program.indigo%2fart%2fsystem_info.png&url
14:40:58.640 T:1944842240 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.program.indigo/?mode=system_info&name=System%20Information&thumb=%2fstorage%2f.kodi%2faddons%2fplugin.program.indigo%2fart%2fsystem_info.png&url) failed

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
X Program Addons 1
X Indigo Tool 0
S Kodi Support 1