Indigo needs data cleaning without erasing addons

Torontopaul

Oct 11, 2017
Indigo would be better if it could do mote than erase everything or clear cache. I had 3gb on my kodi that slowed everything doen. I have no idea why it was taking up 3gb but it wasnt cache. So i was forced to erase everything, lost best addons, upgrade kodi and start over. Its not like you can re download repos anymore.

Maybe clean up the zipfile mess thats not needed. Idk if other wizards do this. But they should.

DE5T1NY

Nov 28, 2017
Belfast
Hello Torontopaul

Not sure what method/s you are using, but make a full backup of all your data, so if the problem arises again you will be able to do a full restore, I don't have anything running that uses "Indigo" but I sure it or the other programs it supports won't take up much data space, I'm near sure the last time I looked my TV Box uses around 100mb data, with 64mb cache which I can easily remove without causing harm to my setup, this method only applies to the cache data erasing and not the program data.

If you have the program installed on your computer, you'll be able to see the data in your computers Program Files section.

Doing a "Full Backup" onto a USB and looking at it through your computer will give you a better understanding of how this program works, also good for learning about "coding"

At first I couldn't get Kodi to work proper on my Windows 7, so I simply used my data from my TV Box "Backup" to solve the problem.

Love Destiny

Torontopaul

Oct 11, 2017
Its on my wetek core android box. It said 3gb kodi was taking up. It slowed the whole device. I was forced to erase it. Reinstall kodi 16 from 15.2 I had with tvmc wizard. I did backup but restore didnt seem to work. The files are on a usb drive. Im glad i saved it and other online repos so i have hard copy.

I just wish i could figure out why it keeps saying something about python version not compatible.

But it would be nice to have a tool to erase whatever was on my kodi taking up 3gb.

Shinzin

Staff member
Feb 16, 2017
If you open Indigo (provided you have the most current one 3.0.2) and click on maintenance tools it tells you how much space the cache, thumbnails, and packages use. (Packages are the zipfile mess that I think you are talking about. Usually its the thumbnails that take up all the room. Unless you have a huge number of addons installed or are using a bloated "build" that installs a huge number of addons. Indigo doesnt report those. Anyway, under maintenance tools clicking on any one of those 3 will delete whats in them respectively. Along with a button to try to delete any crash logs.
If indigo erased your addons then you told it to by using wipe addons or factory restore/fresh start.

As for the python version incompatibility, whats telling you that and where?
Indigo only tells you (under system information) what python version you currently have. Not if its compatible or not.
If it was the kodi 17 installer telling you that, then you might have an old box and might have to go to the manufacturers site to see if there is an os upgrade. Or look into LibreElec or something. I'm pretty sure its android that controls the python version. I also think its kodi 17 that doesnt work on android versions less than 4.5 but I could be wrong.
Part of your problem might be that you were running 15.2 on an older android os. The current Kodi is 17.6

Last edited:

DE5T1NY

Nov 28, 2017
Belfast
Hello Shinzin

Looks like you could be right, I have the "old" TV Box 4.4 and always had trouble with newer updates failing, its just like dog eat dog with new technology nowadays, it must be a programmers nightmare having to change and update everytime something newer comes along.

But it does interest people like myself to try and understand how to over come the pit falls of not keeping up with the times. :)

Love Destiny

JNRW

Oct 13, 2014
When Indigo first came out I used it to clear my thumbnails, which amounted to over 5GB collected over several years. My word, things improved when they had all gone.

DE5T1NY

Nov 28, 2017
Belfast
Hello Everyone

I had a a strange result testing out if Indigo works on my TV Box 4.4.2 or not.

I done a "full backup" of my Kodi 15.0 installed on my windows 7 onto a usb stick, as I needed to use a backup from my "old" 14.2 on my TV Box to get this Kodi working on my windows, I decided to Restore my TV Box to see the results. :cool:

Cold was not the word, the home page looked great, nice light blue background and TVAddons logo, I could even open Indigo for the first time and even delete the thumbnails, only one draw back, on the front page where it has "Pictures", "Videos", "Programs" and "System" these boxes where blank :confused: only by moving along the path using the right/left tab on my mote and seeing the different addon images below to judge which section I was in I'd been lost, but at least I know Indigo works on the "old" box (not for the faint hearted to try)

Love Destiny

Shinzin

Staff member
Feb 16, 2017
if you mean the "videos", "pictures", and "system" words are missing from the main menu bar, then it could be that the confluence skin from the backup and the kodi version you are restoring to arent compatible. in other words you are trying to use the wrong version of confluence for the xbmc/kodi version you currently have.although devs try their best to make addons backwards compatible, the confluence skin was the default (until kodi 17) and came with xbmc/kodi. So it changed versions with a kodi upgrade, Restoring it from backup (if it was included in the backup) could cause a problem. you could check to see if confluence is in the addons folder and delete it if it is (it should reinstall) or better yet, change skins to see if it works after that.

Last edited:

DE5T1NY

Nov 28, 2017
Belfast
Hello Shinzin

Yes, they are missing, I'll delete the skin.confluence from the backup and try again, if it still shows the same after restore I'll find my way to the systems setting and see if it allows a different skin, if that fails I'll upload the Indigo on its own into the TV Box setup and see if it works, I'll post the results later.

Thanks Destiny

DE5T1NY

Nov 28, 2017
Belfast
Hello Shinzin

Great advice, I did what you said and made a fresh backup of my computer Kodi, removed the skin folder restored to the Box Kodi and everything is working, just did a cache clear out on Indigo for the first time. So now I know it works on a 4.4.2 setup.

Love Destiny

catnap

Nov 4, 2015
Its on my wetek core android box. It said 3gb kodi was taking up. It slowed the whole device. I was forced to erase it. Reinstall kodi 16 from 15.2 I had with tvmc wizard. I did backup but restore didnt seem to work. The files are on a usb drive. Im glad i saved it and other online repos so i have hard copy.

I just wish i could figure out why it keeps saying something about python version not compatible.

But it would be nice to have a tool to erase whatever was on my kodi taking up 3gb.
why dont you use kodi 17.6 its best for python coding?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Indigo Tool 2
X Program Addons 2
X Indigo Tool 0