indigo not clearing cache

searchit

Oct 24, 2016
Hi all , not sure what's going on . I have a firestick so i can go into applications and see how many MB i have on my own build data, it is usually about 130 mb , it has now gone up to 460mb as i have been using kodi quite a lot,
i used to use Echo wizard to clean the cache and thumbnails previously, and that would take it back to 130mb. anyway i used the indigo to clear cache i couldn't clear thumbnails as there is no setting for that.
Then i shut down kodi and went back into applications to check my mb and they are still 460mb.
so i can only conclude indigo is not clearing the cache, i am a bit concerned if i keep using kodi and the mb keeps rising my firestick will freeze.
i really don't want to download another wizard, to do my mb cleaning , and quite willing to wait until indigo is fixed
but i am not sure how many mb i can safely go up to, before i have to use another wizard.
Thanks.

FXB78

Aug 18, 2013
How much storage space do you currently have free? I don't use a firestick but given the amount of people that do, surely you don't have to delete temporary files every day. That would make it practically unusable. The problem with deleting cache files is that most will be recreated when you run Kodi anyway. Maybe you should delete thumbs once a month or something, but as I said, they will always still get cached once displayed anyway.

Have a look at how much free space you have, that should give an idea about how much of a problem you have.

Banister

Nov 3, 2013
Yeah, pretty sure it's not clearing cache or purging packages on my FireTV. It says it is, but doesn't seem to make a difference. I usually go into System Info / Storage and clear those up when it gets to 36% or so. Same with deleting Thumbnails and Textures13.db. Now I just go into File Manager /Profile Directory and delete them manually. After a reboot I'm usually down to 33 or 34% used.

Echo Coder

Banned
Mar 18, 2017
TVA HQ
I have just tested both functions and they clear the cache and packages flawlessly.

In the next update to Indigo you will be able to see the size of the folders on the menu. You will then be able to see if they are being cleared or not for you.

searchit

Oct 24, 2016
Thanks Echo Coder for testing them, it says they have cleared them but my mb is still unchanged . Thanks for all your hard work i am sure you have a lot to bring to indigo , as i for one loved your echo wizard and its layout and even if you only manage to make it half as good as that was it would still be a vast improvement.

searchit

Oct 24, 2016
Yeah, pretty sure it's not clearing cache or purging packages on my FireTV. It says it is, but doesn't seem to make a difference. I usually go into System Info / Storage and clear those up when it gets to 36% or so. Same with deleting Thumbnails and Textures13.db. Now I just go into File Manager /Profile Directory and delete them manually. After a reboot I'm usually down to 33 or 34% used.
Thanks for the reply , i did not know you could clear them this way , i don't like tinkering too much, but i might be brave and take a look. Thanks again.

DaveBl

Apr 5, 2017
Hi, This is my first time on this Forum, I am using the Amazon Firestick with Kodi 17.1 installed. I am having the same problem with Indigo not clearing the cache. I am using the latest updated version which shows the current cache values next to the "Clear Cache" button. It goes through the motions but when finished the Cache values are the same. This only seems to be a problem on the Firestick as it works perfectly on my PC also running Kodi 17.1 version and returns the Cache values to zero.

Last edited:

Banister

Nov 3, 2013
I think you may be on to something regarding Amazon devices. I'm on 1st gen FireTV and have the same experience. To clear cache I've been using the Mucky Duck wizard. It used to be an add-on available here I believe at one time and I just kept it. After clearing cache with that if I go into Indigo and it shows the cache as 0.

DaveBl

Apr 5, 2017
I think you may be on to something regarding Amazon devices. I'm on 1st gen FireTV and have the same experience. To clear cache I've been using the Mucky Duck wizard. It used to be an add-on available here I believe at one time and I just kept it. After clearing cache with that if I go into Indigo and it shows the cache as 0.
I have been doing the same only using Are s Wizard, it would be nice if a fix was available as it's much simpler to have all your maintenance tools within the one Add-on. Maybe the developers will take note as a number of my friends using 1st gen Fire sticks are having the same problem. Before the Addons Maintenance was replaced by Indigo everything worked well, the old adage "if it's not broken then don't fix it" comes to mind !!

Last edited:

searchit

Oct 24, 2016
Thanks for sorting it all out Echo Coder, you are brining your great work with you and i for one applaud it, I loved the echo wizard
as did many others, we all hope you can replicate it in indigo. Thanks again for your time and hard work.

Banister

Nov 3, 2013
Cache not clearing still not resolved. FireTV gen 1 on Kodi 17.1. I'm able to clear it with another addon though.

eboy

May 18, 2018
I have this problem ( Run manual auto maintenance ) on Windows Kodi 17.6 and version 4.08 of Indigo.
When you run it you get the confirmation message that its done but the cache ,thumbnails and packages are still showing as they were !
It was working fine until I refreshed my kodi and apps. PS I do not use any builds. Any ideas?

Shinzin

Staff member
Feb 16, 2017
I just ran them manually (individually) on my firetv and they worked properly.
The one click option (manually run auto maint) runs the same code as doing them individually.
But, you have to go to auto clean options in settings for it to know what to clean.
It does what it says and runs auto maint. one time based on your settings.
You dont have to have auto maintenance enabled.
But you do have to set the options (you can leave the MB sizes disabled) to trigger them.
If you refreshed your kodi and apps then it might have reset your Indigo settings

Last edited: