Indigo not working

shawnhcorey

Dec 13, 2018
The Great White North
[SOLVED] Indigo not working

Hi,

I have downloaded and installed Kodi and from it, installed Indigo. But every time I try to start Indigo, I get: Indigo error, please check error log. It took me the longest time to find the log file; it was under a temperature directory :confused:. Why can't people just follow standards?

Here is the log file.

Last edited:

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
I will not download your log. if you want anyone to look at it, upload it to a valid site. Click on the link in my signature to learn how to upload an error log.

Thanks

shawnhcorey

Dec 13, 2018
The Great White North
I will not download your log. if you want anyone to look at it, upload it to a valid site. Click on the link in my signature to learn how to upload an error log.

Thanks
Google Drive is not a valid site?

Here's the core of the log:
Code:
14:07:35.139 T:140363960416000   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting
14:07:36.167 T:140363438962432   ERROR: Previous line repeats 6 times.
14:07:36.167 T:140363438962432   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'module' object has no attribute '_create_unverified_context'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/shawn/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.indigo/default.py", line 15, in <module>
                                                import installer
                                              File "/home/shawn/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.indigo/installer.py", line 31, in <module>
                                                ssl._create_default_https_context = ssl._create_unverified_context
                                            AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute '_create_unverified_context'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
14:07:36.213 T:140365494216704   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.program.indigo/?content_type=video
14:07:36.225 T:140365494216704   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.program.indigo/?content_type=video) failed

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Google Drive is not a valid site?

Not what I meant. I will not download it because I don't know you and this could have some malicious codes in it.

You might want to uninstall indigo, restart Kodi and reinstall Indigo see if it makes a difference. I am sure Shinzin will pop his head and see what exactly is wrong with that exception error.

Shinzin

Staff member
Feb 16, 2017
Heh, that error says its a problem with python.
Its saying that the python ssl module isnt there for some odd reason
_create_unverified_context is in the ssl module of python.
It should be located in /usr/lib/python2.7/ssl.py (it looks like your using linux)
Look there to see if the ssl.py file exists.
If it doesnt, try reinstalling python from apt

shawnhcorey

Dec 13, 2018
The Great White North
Look there to see if the ssl.py file exists.
If it doesnt, try reinstalling python from apt
Yup, it's there.
Code:
ls -l /usr/lib/python2.7/*ssl*
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 19916 Nov 13 08:57 /usr/lib/python2.7/ssl.py
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 17189 Nov 13 13:18 /usr/lib/python2.7/ssl.pyc
Tried reinstalling python. Same error. :(

Shinzin

Staff member
Feb 16, 2017
Hmm. Thats weird.
ok try this. Open /home/shawn/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.indigo/installer.py in an editor
comment out lines 31 - 34 by putting a # (# + space) at the beginning of each line.
like this:
Code:
# if kodi.get_kversion() > 16.5:
#     ssl._create_default_https_context = ssl._create_unverified_context
# else:
#     pass
I'm not exactly sure whats going wrong. I'm using Mint 18 and am not having any trouble.
That block looks like it might be an unused remnant and commenting it out doesnt do any harm here.

Shinzin

Staff member
Feb 16, 2017
No problem.
Keep in mind, you shouldnt have had to do that.
You might have another issue like a permissions thing or something.
I'm not exactly sure whats wrong.
So keep an eye out for other issues.