INDIGO Ver 4.0.7. "Error reading thumbnails" message

Kev55

Jul 20, 2018
INDIGO was recently updated to 4.0.7 Ever since it's been displaying the following scrolling red message in the Maintenance Tools for the Clear Cache, Delete Thumbnails, and Delete Packages options "Error Reading Thumbnails"

And, if I click the System Information option.. then I get the following message in the top right corner of my screen.

"INDIGO error"

I'm running Kodi on a PC running Windows 10 64 bit. Everything was A-OK before it updated to this 4.0.7 version

Is this a bug in this version? If so, is there an easy roll back? Or, if not.. will it be fixed in a later version of INDIGO?

JNRW

Oct 13, 2014
I observed the same thing as you state in your first paragraph. I still ran the three items and they still cleared back to zero so this seems to be a minor glitch.

Kev55

Jul 20, 2018
Thanks for the replies... Seems there is more wrong with INDIGO 4.0.7 that I initially thought. Here's what makes me say that.

Alright... INDIGO won't let me upload the log. Gives another message that flashes too fast for me to read. So I tried copying and pasting it here... That's when the Forum denied it.. with this little message. "Post denied. New posts are limited by number of URLs it may contain and checked if it doesn't contain forbidden words."... Seems a Catch 22.. Might be able to cut the URL's out.. Not sure what the mysterious 'forbidden' words are.. dammit. LOL Welcome any thoughts on an easy work around folks...

Shinzin

Staff member
Feb 16, 2017
The log uploader actually a separate addon that gets called from indigo and not coded in indigo.
That said, posting the log to pastebin and then posting the link here usually works
The 4.0.7 update had some fixes for aftv and windows 10 xbox. that must have messed up actual windows 10 inadvertantly.
Sorry about that.
The win 10 version on xbox has an issue with reading the disk sizes and I tried to work around it, but that must have caused it
if you can explain exactly what you were doing when you got the error and post the log link that would be helpful.

Kev55

Jul 20, 2018
Thanks for the reply... Unfortunately, I haven't a clue how to post to pastebin... or what that is even. Might be able to copy and paste the log file on here in increments???

Actually, all I was doing at the time was something I routinely do... use INDIGO Maintenance Tools to delete thumbnails, delete packages, and clear the cache... Just assumed the system would run smoother if it wasn't laden with old excess baggage...

No need to say sorry... I'm assuming that it's us idiots running MS software that's to blame for most of the coding problems...

Thanks again. Not sure if the info I provided helps. Glad to hear the log uploader isn't part of the problem. Even this problem itself isn't a big deal... just wanted to relay it exists... I can stream a lot of content fine.. this is just an annoying WTF thingy...

Shinzin

Staff member
Feb 16, 2017
yeah, it was my fault. I added two lines to get aftv to work right and thats what messed up windows.
I mainly use linux and only use windows for testing.
I didnt think it would mess up windows because it didnt mess up linux and both were working before.
Bad assumption on my part.
I have it fixed for regular windows 10 now so I just need to test for windows 10 on xbox.
its different and I dont have an xbox one, so I have to wait for a tester to check it for me.

Last edited:

JNRW

Oct 13, 2014
Thanks for the update to 4.0.8. The maintenance tool works as normal now.

Kev55

Jul 20, 2018
Big thank you to Shinzin. I updated to 4.0.8 and the problem is totally resolved. Kudos!