pcd

Developer
Jul 22, 2013
UK
Hello friends,

A thread about the site
Code:
hxx.dublimi.com
was closed today allegedly because it was an 'infringing' website. I have no quarrel with the decision - but I would like to know as an addon developer - how I can identify such sites. This particular public site streams videos openly (without using vpn or proxy).

I will be grateful for any clear guidelines.

Regards, pcd.

Last edited by a moderator:

syntax

Staff member
Jun 6, 2017
upon first glance when i checked that site out i could quickly see that it wasn't a legit website to use, there is tons of websites that has non legit content that can be used without a vpn or proxy that just really is based on what region you are in so you cant tell if it is a legit site to use based upon that, i do agree that it is a good idea to maybe give some pointers to help add on developer identify such sites.

pcd

Developer
Jul 22, 2013
UK
What about youtube and dailymotion ? Are they ok although they host movies and tv shows?
Also urlresolver and iplayer.www are in Krypton official repo. Urlresolver includes many free hosting plugins like openload. It all gets a bit confusing !

Last edited:

jokster

Staff member
Jan 3, 2013
Tír na nÓg
YouTube etc are not dedicated to piracy and are well policed for infringing files. iPlayer is totally legal and URL resolver does not directly link to any files.