Request Install Kodi for iOS to your iPad or iPhone Without Jailbreak

ticas

Nov 20, 2015
Hello everyone!
I bought an iPad Pro and I want to install my old friend Kodi (Xbmc) without jailbreak
I saw a tutorial in tvaddons site explaining how to do it with xcode.
Is this working?
Can I try it with IOS 9?
Big thanks!

althetrain

Nov 27, 2015
Hello
I have just loaded Kodi successfully on my non-jailbreak iPad 2 with iOS 9

The tutorial is comprehensive and succesful.
Note Step 18: Goto Settings/General/Profiles Developer App to verify/trust your newly created app developer signing.

My first impression is no obvious way of loading additional repositories and addons to the stock items. There are in fact no stock addons included that I currently use on my Android box.
Without some key add ons - Genesis/Pho*nix/Spor**dev*l there appears reduced functionality.
Am I missing something obvious? Can anyone help?

Paul1672

Oct 10, 2013
Hello
I have just loaded Kodi successfully on my non-jailbreak iPad 2 with iOS 9

The tutorial is comprehensive and succesful.
Note Step 18: Goto Settings/General/Profiles Developer App to verify/trust your newly created app developer signing.

My first impression is no obvious way of loading additional repositories and addons to the stock items. There are in fact no stock addons included that I currently use on my Android box.
Without some key add ons - Genesis/Pho*nix/Spor**dev*l there appears reduced functionality.
Am I missing something obvious? Can anyone help?
I have kodi on both my non-jail broken iPhone and iPad and I just downloaded the zip files onto my pc, loaded up iTunes and connected the iPhone/iPad up to iTunes and selected apps, on the bottom of the page it says something about apps that can transfer files so I just selected kodi and dragged the zip files into the right hand pain.
I then went into kodi on my phone/pad and added zip file in usual way and selected home folder in the menu and the zip files I transferred through iTunes were in there
Sorry if not clear but it worked for me
However, genesis and Pho*nix I believe can be installed by adding the fusion source

Paul

althetrain

Nov 27, 2015
Hi
Further investigation reveals full access to all popular zip files can be added to sources.
All popular repositories and addons available.
Genesis, Spor**dev*l,Pho*nix all ok

Well done TvAddons, now I have no excuse not to buy an iPad Pro :eek:

thimk

Dec 5, 2012
Denmark
Creating the ipa went well - the first time.

the iPad complained that this ipa was not registered with the iOS, and I thought it was because I had made it registered in my own apple-ID, whereas the iPad belong to my father.

I then deleted the ipa again from the iPad, and tried again.

This time there was no new provisioning file made - and no way to delete the old from the signing software.

Also, I could not find where the preference files for either Xcode nor the app signer were stored, so I could try over from scratch.

Third time I quit the app signer and Xcode and did it over. And now it worked.

remember permitting the app-signer in your i-device as mentioned in #18 above - otherwise the app won't run!

then a zip-install as usual. Brilliant.

Now waiting to see what the power consumption will be.

Happy camper, here! Thank you, all developers!