Installing XBMC On An Android IPTV receiver!!!

Joelp53

Aug 20, 2013
Ok i did a little research and the problem is that your device doesn't support XBMC.
To run XBMC you need a Neon compliant ARM processor as stated here: XBMC Wiki[Android]
Your device does not have one of these, You can install it because you have a compatible Android version but you can't run it because you haven't got a NEON processor, I believed that you could get a version of XBMC for non neon devices however i can't seem to find the info i once read.
It may very well be that XBMC now only runs on Neon compliant processors due to the fact that near ALL devices have them.
I believe you just got really unlucky with the device you bought. If someone can explain how to install if on a Non Neon device then that would be amazing.
However please be aware that XBMC may not support non neon devices at all anymore.

Edit: After another quick look around i did find out that the official XBMC stance on Non neon devices is that they DO NOT! support them.
You can find nightly builds of XBMC that are not official but do support Non Neon devices.
I will not link to them because i am not 100% if the guys here would allow it.
However a quick google for "xbmcandroid" Will find you EXACTLY! what you need.
Remember google is your friend, i found all this info out within maybe 30min.
Having a look around before you post is key in some situations! :D

Last edited:

SLR2005

Mar 30, 2013
I found one for non neon device but its damn bin file and need to convert it to apk!!!!!!

Can u pm me a link of apk file?

Also, what is the best device out there to run xbmc very smooth?

If I new all this then I would not have gotten the receiver and subscribed! Yukkkkkkkkkk

SLR2005

Mar 30, 2013
I know google is my friend and been on it for so long but all versions I found didn't work so that's y I created this thread to get help.....

SLR2005

Mar 30, 2013
I tried the above but no luck.........

Installs fine but won't run

However the non neon is for a touch screen device.......

I need a non neon build for a regular device not a touch screen

alia_97

Sep 22, 2013
hello my friends,

i have the problem, atn 3000 but not able to install xbmc on it, i im sure that is possible because of this youtube video:

""ATN Arab TV IPTV STB NO DISH REQUIRED 400 Channel+AL JAZEERA SPORTS 1-10 + XBMC FOR UNLIMITED MOVIES""

i dont know which version did he use, but im sure that is possible to find out. so if any one have suggstions?

bye