Intalling XBMC Hub Wizard on Openelec running on Intel NUC i3 Help Needed Pls

King Krish

Jan 26, 2014
Hi there, I have just put together my NUC and installed Openelec, I am now trying to install the Hub Wizard and up. Firstly the wizard gives an option for Linux but says not OE, which platform do I pick to install it on Openelec?

King Krish

Jan 26, 2014
I have just read its not possible on Openelec on another thread:

http://www.xbmchub.com/forums/getting-started-xbmc/18701-please-help-intel-dual-band-wireless-ac-760-not-recognised-xbmc-buntu.html

I am having a few issues with my setup:

When i shutdown the unit and turn it back on again I get this message:

A bootable device has not been detected please refer to the product guide http://support.intel.com...

So far this has happened every other time I boot up.

When I try to install any addons (only tried Fusion so far) i press ok on it and nothing happens? I am using the same internet connection as my W7 laptop which i breezed through installing on.

Also Im not sure if its normal, I felt the unit was getting hot after 10-20mins use, i check gfx temp in XBMC and said 170F is that normal?

Really frustrating getting this to work lol. Any help will be much appreciated

Krish

King Krish

Jan 26, 2014
Ok scratch that its happening everytime now the error message, what can I do?

Last edited:

King Krish

Jan 26, 2014
Thanks for the reply, I have installed the intel build 3.2.4. I left the unit off a while then tried start again, it was working fine then suddenly turned to a black screen with a cross in the middle and I had to hold the power button down to turn it off. I then tried turn it bk on again and got the message a bootable device has not been detected. I have a feeling it maybe overheating? What temps should my cpu and gpu be at? After some time i tried again and went into the BIOS which said the cpu was at 70c and in idle is that normal?

Tonts

Sep 22, 2013
Sesame Street
That doesn't sound normal but i don't own one so you really are going to have to google the specs and search for benchmark temperature readings for your hardware. If you have put it together yourself i would strip it back down and rebuild from scratch if the temps are too high paying special attention to the thermal paste on the cpu.

King Krish

Jan 26, 2014
I just spoke on live chat to an Intel agent, he said it does sound like ti could be overheating and may need thermal paste added. He has given me a support ticket which someone will contact me on Monday. I will report back when I ind out whats happened. Thanks for the help :)

Tonts

Sep 22, 2013
Sesame Street
No problem this is from a quick google so dont take this as gospel just as an idea,
Power consumption is likely one of the main reasons you'd consider the NUC D33217CK, and it's clearly one of its strongest points. At idle it drew just 13W - a third of our A-10 5800K system, while at load it draw a paltry 27W, which was practically negligible compared to the other systems on test. At idle, Core Temp reported a CPU temperature of 33°C equating to a delta T of 10°C, while under load, this rose to 55°C or a delta T of 32°C.

King Krish

Jan 26, 2014
Thank you very much for the replies I will try that on my NUC. I had till now put the fan setting on 70% constant which made it useable but loud. But I think the BIOS update should fix my problem.

jokster

Staff member
Jan 3, 2013
Tír na nÓg
I sent you a pm mate but the bios update didn't really fix anything for me.
It brought the boot temp down to about 57c but the fan is on constantly now.