Intel NUC baytrail 2820

charliebrown

Jan 12, 2013
Hey,

Im going to set up a box for a friend, who lives kinda far away. Does anybody here use the baytrail version of nuc?

Myself i got the i3 version and LOVE it! But whould be nice to hear some input on speed etc on the baytrail version.

Its mostly gonna be used with gotv Ic*f*lms youtube etc.. Im wondering about the menu speeds etc. Im setting it up instead of a kinda buggy ouya he has today. So the speed between ouya and baytrail nuc whould be nice to compare. Or even the difference in speed beetween the i3 nuc vs baytrail, if there is any difference at all doing those tasks?

BestRegards
Charlie

charliebrown

Jan 12, 2013
Hey, Thanks for answer!

Sounds great, do you have or have had xbmc running on something else wich you can maybe comment on speed when it comes to Ic*f*lms, gotv youtube etc. I remember on the RPI or the ouya it takes alot longer then on my i3 nuc to navigate to the streams / starting streams.

warlock09

Oct 14, 2012
Hey, Thanks for answer!

Sounds great, do you have or have had xbmc running on something else wich you can maybe comment on speed when it comes to Ic*f*lms, gotv youtube etc. I remember on the RPI or the ouya it takes alot longer then on my i3 nuc to navigate to the streams / starting streams.
Never tried on RPi..mostly i used htpc's ..old ones like the revo r3600..i have tried some android boxes and sticks...there is really a lot of change..in everything..significant changes.. very pleased with what i bought...performance & speed..cant complain...loving my nuc 2820..your welcome..

TomFan

Oct 28, 2012
Just got one of these dn2820 buggers .. Driving me nuts , trying to load openelec from USB and all it keeps saying is " no operating system .. Ready to throw it up against the wall !

xmen

Apr 2, 2013
Just got one of these dn2820 buggers .. Driving me nuts , trying to load openelec from USB and all it keeps saying is " no operating system .. Ready to throw it up against the wall !
Hi.
You need 2 usb stick.
One with the Openelec installer and one to install Openelec on.
Just plug both usb stick in to the Nuc at the same time.
Start the nuc and press F10 (BOOT OPTIONS)choose the usb stick with the Openelec installer and press enter.
When Openelec installer script prompt you to choose a harddisk to install on, you choose the other usb stick to install it on.
There you are.

FoneFreak

Aug 27, 2013
I have ouya, fire tv, s89, rasperpy Pi ( I know im an idiot for having them all)

and also a Celeron NUC, the NUC is better than all the above and can also be used as a PC etc if needed.

Clarkie41

Jun 7, 2013
Just bought one of these and can't for the life of me get the bios screen to appear,power it up and nothing happens.Looks like it will be going back on monday.