Internet Connected but Kodi Network says Busy & won't connect.

bicky

Nov 1, 2013
Portugal
Hi can anyone just explain a situation that keeps cropping up.
I am connected and watching a stream, this then starts to buffer, then drops out. If I go to system settings on Kodi I see that on network it shows as busy. But my internet is connected and working as tested on my Computer and Tablet.
After a period of time, it reconnects and all is well.
My ISP provides me with 20MBps, I use Smart DNS for geo sites.
Any explanation would be great .

JNRW

Oct 13, 2014
Hi can anyone just explain a situation that keeps cropping up.
I am connected and watching a stream, this then starts to buffer, then drops out. If I go to system settings on Kodi I see that on network it shows as busy. But my internet is connected and working as tested on my Computer and Tablet.
After a period of time, it reconnects and all is well.
My ISP provides me with 20MBps, I use Smart DNS for geo sites.
Any explanation would be great .
Have you tried installing one of the advanced settings files which modifies the video cache? You will find it in Kodi Wiki.

JNRW

Oct 13, 2014
Also, if you are using Krypton 17.6 have you enabled InputStream Adaptive and RTMP Input, both of which are found in VideoPlayer InputStream? You will find that in Settings, Add-ons, My add-ons.

JNRW

Oct 13, 2014
For intermittent internet disconnections could it be something as simple as a dicky cable. The plug/cable connection can sometimes slowly part. Just a thought.

bicky

Nov 1, 2013
Portugal
Also, if you are using Krypton 17.6 have you enabled InputStream Adaptive and RTMP Input, both of which are found in VideoPlayer InputStream? You will find that in Settings, Add-ons, My add-ons.
This only seems to affect IPlayerWWW - doesn't affect Network connections.

JNRW

Oct 13, 2014
I knew some of my suggestions were not internet connection related but were worth mentioning in view of the buffering.

Maybe the wireless connection is the problem. Is anything or anyone else able to “steal” your connection thereby stopping your system from working? Can you not try a wired connection, even if only temporarily to prove a point? Wireless connections are very fickle especially at the relatively slower speeds.

bicky

Nov 1, 2013
Portugal
I knew some of my suggestions were not internet connection related but were worth mentioning in view of the buffering.

Maybe the wireless connection is the problem. Is anything or anyone else able to “steal” your connection thereby stopping your system from working? Can you not try a wired connection, even if only temporarily to prove a point? Wireless connections are very fickle especially at the relatively slower speeds.
You have a good point here !! - although I am supposed to have a secure password wi fi set up - will check this out

JNRW

Oct 13, 2014
You have a good point here !! - although I am supposed to have a secure password wi fi set up - will check this out

Please do, because you can imagine the signal being reduced by someone else’s use thereby causing buffering running into total thieving (!) causing total loss.

If you find a wired connection is the answer but your router is in an inconvenient position you can use power line adaptors. If you want any advice on these (I have installed six sets successfully) then feel free to PM me.

Good luck!

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
This only affects Quality of Video Playback - not internet connection.
Not really. It allows Kodi to buffer much faster and further. This way, if your interet fluctuates, the buffer might be enough to ride it out and allow the connection to comeback before you run out of buffer.

bicky

Nov 1, 2013
Portugal
Hi Guys - just to update you - the problem was with the Smarts DNS. I switched this out and connected to a Free VPN service provided by " Secure VPN" - this only works when connected by wireless, but has worked without any problems for the past 3 days. Obviously I am now using the DHP wireless connection instead of Static.

JNRW

Oct 13, 2014
Hi Guys - just to update you - the problem was with the Smarts DNS. I switched this out and connected to a Free VPN service provided by " Secure VPN" - this only works when connected by wireless, but has worked without any problems for the past 3 days. Obviously I am now using the DHP wireless connection instead of Static.
Glad you got satisfaction.