IOS 8 problems? :-(

dohflex

May 13, 2012
Hi all,

just updated to ios 8 and jailbroke my ipad mini (1st gen) after waiting a few weeks. I then downloaded XBMC from Cydia, all seemed to go well but the app doesnt show up on my ipad?

Weird thing is, in Cydia XBMC is showing up as installed, so it appears to be installed but I cant use it or access it in any way?

Help.......I really need XBMC!!!!!!! :-(

Dohflex.

dohflex

May 13, 2012
yes, I have rebooted several times and also reinstalled a few times with no joy.

I have also found that the jailbreak is quite flaky, since the Jailbreak I have found apps to be crashing etc. Safari seems to be the worst offender.

Im guessing its probably still a bit early to jailbreak, looks like there is still a bit of work for Pangu to do to make the untethered jailbreak stable!

showgun

Dec 23, 2011
To Your Left
Seems like today there were a lot of updates implemented. Make sure you update Cydia and try again. I'll jailbreak my iPhone tonight and see if I can check this out. I'll try to find a problem or a solution.

showgun

Dec 23, 2011
To Your Left
I just jail broke and installed Xbmc. When I finished the app wasn't on my device. I then rebooted the phone and found it sitting on my springboard as soon as it booted up.

duquesa

Jul 23, 2012
Spain
Ive had this issue lately on all ipads and find that even though it shows installed in cydia it needs to be re installed a second time to show up.

To fix the problem go into cydia, then to installed then XBMC IOS click modify on top right and the re install, this should fix the problem.

JustFun

Feb 21, 2013
Just updated my iPad to iOS 8.1 and setup as new and then I jailbroke the iPad.( using the pengu jailbreak that was released today version 1.10)
I installed xbmc and rebooted the iPad and the xbmc icon was there.

Now just setting up xbmc , but things are going smooth so far.

felixstowe

Jan 4, 2013
Slightly off topic guys, but I have just tried to download and install the latest knightly on my new iPad Air ( running ios8) I managed to download the file to file but got the following message :
dpkg: status database area is locked by another process

Finished with Result Code: 512
Has anyone got any ideas please ( it's not a great problem as I have Gotham installed with the wizard) I just fancied trying the new helix build