ipad 2 ios 6.x, xbmc frodo 12 final to apple tv 3 full screen

tomh2o

Sep 30, 2012
hey people, I jail broke an ipad 2 using evasi0n and I got xbmc frodo 12 final installed and everything is good as far as that goes but when I use airplay to play on my tv with apple tv 3 I cannot get it to play full screen.
I looked all over the net and found many with the same problem.
Does anyone know how to fix this?
Thanks

Last edited:

mj71

Jan 13, 2013
Are you trying to use airplay or airplay mirroring?There is a difference.Mirroring won't fill the TV screen. The iPad has an aspect ratio of 4:3 so this wont fit exactly into a TV screen which as an aspect ratio of 16:9. The Apple TV will not zoom the mirrored image, because it may well cut off information which is situated at the top or bottom of the screen.
You may wish to try each of the settings in settings > AirPlay > Adjust for Overscan for the best setting that suits you.

Last edited:

tomh2o

Sep 30, 2012
yes the overscan settings on the apple tv 3 correct?
I was in there and it did help a little.
I read about an app Display out but doesn t work for ios 6, is there something else I can try?

mj71

Jan 13, 2013
Display out will connect your device straight to the tv so you dont need the atv but you use a cable.Not sure if it works on ios 6,(maybe try it and if it dont work then just uninstall it)i used to use it on ios 4.3.3 with an iphone,but it kind of defeats the point if you want to do it wireless.You will need something like resupported aswell if you dont have an official apple cable

This might give you some help
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1409809

Last edited:

tomh2o

Sep 30, 2012
ok airplay or airplay mirroring so I understand this.
airplay mirroring is so I m wireless to the apple tv and airplay is wired in.
where are the settings for that?

mj71

Jan 13, 2013
No they are both wireless.Airplay just sends the raw file to the the tv,while airplay mirroring actually mirrors your screen
The reason i mentioned a cable is because you mentioned using displayout which essentialy mirrors your screen to the tv but through a cable

The only option i think you have is to play with the settings/overscan,maybe zoom your tv (if it has this feature) until you get the best result for your setup

Last edited:

mj71

Jan 13, 2013
You cant airplay from xbmc,you can airplay mirror from your device,There is a difference as stated above

slacky

Aug 17, 2012
how do you mirror? ive seen an app in cydia that states it airplays from 3rd party apps, but want to know it works before buying

mj71

Jan 13, 2013
double click home button then swipe along to the right then you will see the mirror function but why would you want an app to airplay if you can mirror already?:confused:

Last edited:

waspish

May 17, 2012
If you have a jailbroken iPhone and have movie box and you AirPlay Movies/TV videos to your Apple TV 2 or 3 why would you want Xbmc?

slacky

Aug 17, 2012
Using movie box and going direct onto the starstreams site then air playing straight to my Apple TV 3 works perfect but if I watch something in xbmc then mirror to Apple TV the video stutters and is very choppy