Is installing fusion still a bad idea running xios ds linux?

c0nfused

Dec 28, 2013
Okay so I've purchased 2 Pivos Xios DS boxes and they are on the way. I am a current apple tv 2 and gbox mx2 user but have heard good things about the xios ds linux running the best for xmbc except for the cache full issue so thats what I'm going with.

One will be a present who will only be using it for xmbc and is not very tech savvy so I want the smoothest experience possible for her. I will install the xios ds linux build immediately after opening. I have been reading for the past few hours that fusion and hubwizard do not work well with linux but a lot of those posts were from 6 months or later ago. With the newer builds out is it still advisable to steer clear from fusion and wizard or are they running clean now with linux?

Also do you recommend immediately installing the sd card with "xbmc-data" folder as to avoid even ever having a cache issue?

mj71

Jan 13, 2013
Its never been a bad idea to install fusion

Not sure where you have that info from but it isnt true :confused:

All fusion is,is a web link to the servers so you can install all the hub goodies from one place and have updates pushed to you from the official hub sources,so it makes no difference whatsoever device you use it on

Dont steer clear from fusion,and if anyone tells you otherwise,then ignore them,its the correct way to install addons/updates from the hub:D

c0nfused

Dec 28, 2013
Its never been a bad idea to install fusion

Not sure where you have that info from but it isnt true :confused:

All fusion is,is a web link to the servers so you can install all the hub goodies from one place and have updates pushed to you from the official hub sources,so it makes no difference whatsoever device you use it on

Dont steer clear from fusion,and if anyone tells you otherwise,then ignore them,its the correct way to install addons/updates from the hub:D

Okay thanks man I'll install it. How about installing hubwizard after installing fusion? an any input on the whole sd cache thing?

Esso1001

Apr 27, 2013
I would not install hub wizard for the fact, "in my opinion. It will install a lot of addons you will not use. Your better off just installing the repos and download the addons you want..

ccadi

May 7, 2012
RepubliK of Mancunia
I can recommend using sdcard.

This is best practice

1. Install linux image
2. don't reboot - unplug.
3. make xbmc-data folder on root of sdcard.
4.insert card.
5. power up box

When its shifted data onto card add fusion via xbmc file manager, then put the addons on

Last edited:

c0nfused

Dec 28, 2013
Okay thanks guys. That's what I wanted to know. I like the way hub wizard looks and runs on the atv2 and mx2 but I won't install on the xios Linux then.

Also thanks for the info on the sd card thing. Since I'm pre installing the sd card prior to playing any video is it going to auto cache to it or still same thing where it fills up the internal memory first then switches over? Also if it is the second option and fills up internal first how long/videos will that take so I can check to make sure the sd card is getting the data before I give the present out.

henningdalgaard

Jan 5, 2014