is kodi 14 available for apple tv 1st gen

JAPGEISHA

Aug 8, 2012
just wondwring if i can upgrad to kodi 14 from gotham 13.2 using apple tv 1st gen

thx god bless .....

Banister

Nov 3, 2013
My understanding is ATV is no longer supported by Kodi. I went to Amazon Fire TV in November and haven't looked back. My ATV1 with OpenELEC served me well, but it was time to move on. I'm still on 13.2, the same as I had with the ATV and in no real hurry to go to 14.0 as I'll wait till all the minor bugs are ironed out.

bugvert

Jan 8, 2013
Dont give up on this great little box yet!!

Kodi has only dropped support of the Broadcom Crystal HD.
OpenELEC may not be supporting the ATV1, but Crystalbuntu is still supporting it.
Sam also plans on supporting it with his new OSMC platform and including support for the Broadcom Crystal HD

filletboy

Nov 27, 2012
Mass, US
Dont give up on this great little box yet!!

Kodi has only dropped support of the Broadcom Crystal HD.
OpenELEC may not be supporting the ATV1, but Crystalbuntu is still supporting it.
Sam also plans on supporting it with his new OSMC platform and including support for the Broadcom Crystal HD

ya but you still have a dinosaur when or if it updates to KODI,
just an updated dinosaur
lol

Ace79

Mar 29, 2013
If there is an update that Kodi will run ATV1 we will post it here in the mean time there is no big difference between Kodi and XBMC 13.2 so i wouldnt rush and worry

The306

Oct 29, 2012
I just updated from 13.2 the other day to 14.2
http://forum.osmc.tv/showthread.php?tid=17422&page=3 from the OSMC site.

Just make sure you read wrxtcy's instructions fully. I got stuck in a bootloop of black screens on my first attempt and it was solved previously on:

http://forum.osmc.tv/showthread.php?tid=16811&page=31

Long and short is you can update ubuntu but then have to check to make sure you have the old nvdia drivers and if not, reinstall them.

it's really running well with the Crystal HD card .
Apparently Kodi 15 works too (I thought I read someone stating they downgraded to 14.2 from Isengard. Apparently if 15 is working it is a little faster but that as far as i read.)

JAPGEISHA

Aug 8, 2012
kodi 14.2 runs great

the only problem now the site is down to make a flush usb for a none jailbroken atv1

fortissimo

Jul 21, 2015
ya but you still have a dinosaur when or if it updates to KODI,
just an updated dinosaur
lol
You know something I don't? I have upgraded one of my ATV1 from Crystalbuntu running Gotham 13.2 to 14 and it runs better and smoother, even better than 12.x which many people have downgraded from 13.x because of similar reason. I have no problem playing back high bit rate 1080P videos using this.

Instead of laughing out loud, may be you can explain something here what you think that it is not worthwhile updating an existing box? It works perfectly fine here.

And can you tell me what is a modern, current replacement similar spec box similar to ATV1? Toslink optical out? Component Out? Composite video out? 160GB HDD and can be upgraded if required internally? A nice industrial design look and feel (both remote and main unit, even the power cable is a nice touch)? And if you do, how much is this replacement box?

And have you ever used an ATV1?

I have used XBMC and Kodi on many platforms and many devices, and although the ATV1 is a little lacking during the Gotham version, Kodi has saved the day. Yet you bashed the update instead! How odd!

filletboy

Nov 27, 2012
Mass, US
You know something I don't? I have upgraded one of my ATV1 from Crystalbuntu running Gotham 13.2 to 14 and it runs better and smoother, even better than 12.x which many people have downgraded from 13.x because of similar reason. I have no problem playing back high bit rate 1080P videos using this.

Instead of laughing out loud, may be you can explain something here what you think that it is not worthwhile updating an existing box? It works perfectly fine here.

And can you tell me what is a modern, current replacement similar spec box similar to ATV1? Toslink optical out? Component Out? Composite video out? 160GB HDD and can be upgraded if required internally? A nice industrial design look and feel (both remote and main unit, even the power cable is a nice touch)? And if you do, how much is this replacement box?

And have you ever used an ATV1?

I have used XBMC and Kodi on many platforms and many devices, and although the ATV1 is a little lacking during the Gotham version, Kodi has saved the day. Yet you bashed the update instead! How odd!

No pal
its like this, the box is no longer supported by KODI and never will be. If you are hung up loving an apple product then bully for you. KEEP trying to make it run like an amazon box while I KEEP ENJOYING my Amazon Box with NO PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER
As Jerry Garcia once said....Keep On Truckin Baby