Is my ATV2 going to be obsolete for Kodi

csavoia

May 25, 2012
I am being told by a friend that I should try and sell my atv2 and get an android box because kodi will not be supported anymore for updates or anything.
Is this true and if so which android box is decent for a 200 bucks.
I looked at an OTT box and an m8 but in St catharines they are very expensive.
Any help would be hugely appreciated.

baci

May 13, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Yes it will not be supported going forward. As far as decent box are you in St. Catharines Ontario? If so next time you cross the boarder go to best buy and pickup an Amazon Fire Tv (99.00) or a Fire Tv Stick (40.00) they both work very well. Google what the difference is and make your choice.

Banister

Nov 3, 2013
I'm in London, ON and it's just as easy to buy the Fire TV on ebay. That's how I got mine.

Pale-Rider

Mar 26, 2015
I would highly recommend the AFTV box, Got two of them here and for those of you in the UK looking to pick one up Argos are doing the AFTV box for £64 thats down from it's usual £79.99 so it's a great time to get one or get another if need be.

filly

Jan 31, 2013
Canada
You could go to gboxcanada.com and order online. All the boxes on there work great. Delivery is very fast.

Delwashy

Apr 5, 2014
Bolton(England)
There's still life left in your ATV2 i've updated to kodi 14.2 the only problem i'm having is if i leave it unplugged for a day or so it tents to crash on start up cos of the updates coming through but once they've updated and everything as settled it runs fine.Bare in mind use only the minimum of add-ons clear cache and packages regularly and keep away from any 1080 streams.I've managed to get it down to 100mb free i cleared out all my archives via ssh the other day and anything else i could find but do not delete the folders and it's running better then ever:)