Is there a way to cancel or stop "working..."

mobile8eddy

Mar 20, 2013
Been around a while, and I finally have a question.
Is there a way to cancel the spinny thing that says working.
Sometimes that locks up kodi for up to 3 minutes. I would like to stop that when it is obvious that
what-ever is not going to be found or connect.
Maybe it is not possible or I just haven't found it. Thanks :)

rontom

Mar 31, 2015
the way I do it is to put the curser over the words WORKING and guess where the arrow button or the home icon is then click till it disappears, do not know if this is the correct way to exit, but it works for me.

JustFun

Feb 21, 2013
I have had luck just using the back button on the remote to cancel out the spinning cursor/working sign.
Most of the time it just backs out but sometimes I still have to wait a minute for kodi to respond.

mobile8eddy

Mar 20, 2013
I have had luck in the android os just right clicking, but it is not always "for sure". Windows version no luck. This would be a nice addition
to kodi if it is not hidden there somewhere already.

Smartie38

May 13, 2015
Could really do with a small x to click on or something to cancel it if whatever source your trying to connect to isn't working, on my android device sometimes pressing the escape key on the keyboard works or right clicking to go back but a lot of the time neither works and I've had to wait for it to give up connecting but that can take minutes sometimes.

What I've done a few times is to bring up the list of running apps on my mxq box and just shut down kodi and restart it, often that works out as a much faster alternative than waiting ages for it to give up trying to connect.

FXB78

Aug 18, 2013
These are base Kodi functions & not something anyone at tvaddons can change, if you go and ask over at kodi.tv they might add it in the next release.