is there gotham specifically for ouya?

wantboost

Aug 11, 2013
I downloaded the Gotham version from this site. Ouya app section within Ouya only has frodo
Was wondering of there was a specific gotham just for Ouya if so how to get it on the ouya.

Flapster

Nov 13, 2013
The Black Country, UK
The official Ouya XBMC/Kodi in the Ouya store is indeed Frodo.

However you can sideload any of the Android Gothams from the Org site or even better from here http://www.tvaddons.co/install-kodi/, but use the Android version instead of the OUYA version which is just a guide on installing it from the store. There is also a build called SPMC which I believe is Gotham. Can't remember where to get this from though.

Personally I used the Android Gotham off of the .org site here http://kodi.tv/download/ You want the ARM version I think which is currently in Gotham 13.2 then just got the Addon Installer from Fusion and downloaded my favourite addons.

lowridin_guy

May 10, 2012
I would also suggest checking out SPMC by Koying as this is an approved fork of XBMC with tweaks specific for Android devices.
An update of SPMC was just released a week or so ago so it is very current.

wantboost

Aug 11, 2013
Is the tv addons version the same as the kodi.tv??

Anyone test which runs better from the above and spmc?

Flapster

Nov 13, 2013
The Black Country, UK
The tv Addons version is essentially the same as the kodi version, but with all the fun thrown in from here without you having to do too much to get it up and running. The SPMC version is another fork, which again is essentially the same, but made by the guy that made the original OUYA app. All are equally as good, barr the Official OUYA app which is outdated. I'd suggest the TVAddons one if your not comfortable with installing addons or just need a helping hand.

showgun

Dec 23, 2011
To Your Left
No it wouldn't be. What seems SLOW for you? TVMC is based on the stable XBMC build. This is the fastest build in actual testing.

fisaidaid

Jan 4, 2015
Hello as this is my first post.

I think part of the problem from what I read in the first posters comments is getting the icon to show in the favourites or searchable apps in Ouya. That was going to be my questions as well now that I realize I am running Frodo and not even Gotham. Anyone able to help?