Issue with Git Browser?

PayPerView

Apr 2, 2016
Is anyone else having issues with the Git Browser? I can search a developer's name and I get a list of their content. I can select their repo or addon and then install it. Kodi says the install is complete and I get the popup saying to restart to finalize installation which I do. When I go back into Kodi the repo or addon simply is not their. No matter how many times I "install" a repo/addon from a dev in the Git Browser it just simply will not show up in Kodi. I have to resort to adding the URL via the file manager in order to install the repo from the zip file or download the repo to a USB stick and load it into Kodi via the USB port on the box. Both ways are cumbersome and the Git Browser used to work for me but hasn't worked the past several times I've tried to use it. Git Browser has become completely useless now.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
I will check it out tonight and see if it is the Browser or just at your end. Meanwhile, you could post a log see if there is anything in it showing problems.

PayPerView

Apr 2, 2016
I tried again to use the Git Browser and am still having the same issue. Everything looks likes it's working, but after the download/install is complete, the addon or repository simply isn't there...no where to be found.

I tried looking for the logs, but I can't find any logs. The only log I find is the event logs and it just says Kodi started giving the date and time. Even if I find the correct logs, how do I post them here from my TV box?

Shinzin

Staff member
Feb 16, 2017
Since you are doing a restart after running git browser, you will probably need to post the links to both the current log and the old log.
You can use these instructions for posting the links from here:
https://www.tvaddons.co/kodi-logs-jarvis/

[EDIT]
You wont need the email part but you will need to go to settings to click the "include old kodi log"

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Git Browser 1
C Video Addons 1
T Video Addons 8