Release iTV Player

LittleWiz

Developer
Feb 13, 2018
HLS is default

People need to mention if they are non uk aswell when they say things don’t work

If in uk use default as it does work :)

If non uk and using dns changer HLS should work but disabling it will defo work only on ITV1 since itv have stopped rtmp service on all other channels

Landrover

Dec 1, 2014
I am outside the UK and use SmartDNS. Nothing when HLS is enabled but ITV 1 and 4 work when not enabled.

I also have second router set up with VPN which I will try.

nnahoj

Jun 20, 2018
I am in S A and using a vpn and have enabled the InputStream adaptive and the RTMP Input on kodi 17.6 but on itv 2.5.7 ver live nor catchup is working. I have also disabled HLS for live tv but nothing is working please help!

seeubu

Jun 2, 2018
Nothing seems to work ATM - using NordVPN - outside UK - rtmp enabled/HLS off or on for catchup not working. Uninstalled/reinstalled the addon, set to default receive One or more items error, remove hls get stream error - not sure what settings should be enabled/disabled to get this to work

nnahoj

Jun 20, 2018
I enabled use geo unnrestricted catchup only, clicked to grab a uk IP, clicked OK disabled use HLS for live tv and got itv1 and itv 4 to work! Catchup however and all the other itv channels still not working! PS InputStream Adaptive and RTMP Input both enabled! I use a vpn outside the UK!

Last edited:

LittleWiz

Developer
Feb 13, 2018
If your are using a vpn or a smartdns service you only need default settings set you do not need to change anything

nnahoj

Jun 20, 2018
If I set it on default settings nothing works! But if I enable use geo unnrestricted catchup only, click to grab a uk IP, click OK disable use HLS for live tv I get itv1 and itv 4 to work! Catchup however and all the other itv channels not working! PS InputStream Adaptive and RTMP Input both enabled and I use a vpn outside the UK!

Herby

Jun 24, 2018
Hi there,
Just did a fresh install of this addon and I have the very same problem than nnahoj. Just like him, I'm outside UK, connected through VPN. ITV works fine in my browser. On KODI, I had to change the settings as described by nnahoj to get it work.

LittleWiz

Developer
Feb 13, 2018
I will be abroad in a couple of weeks

Will take laptop with me and will fix once and for all

I can not replicate unless I am physically out of the country

thedvrguy

Aug 15, 2014
@LittleWiz ... Thanks for the time, effort and patience. I hope you are going on a nice vacation. Enjoy!

Chris_e

Apr 22, 2018
Just updated to 2.5.8 still get "cannot resolve stream" on catch up. Living outside uk no vpn or smart dns, using justproxy and grab up address. Has been like this for a good few weeks now

Chris_e

Apr 22, 2018
Did not know that! I can uninstall both ITV player and BBC iplayer now then.......Dailymotion add-on it is

LittleWiz

Developer
Feb 13, 2018
It’s still works you just need vpn or smartdns

I would choose smartdns as it doesn’t restrict your speed

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Kodi Support 0
4 Video Addons 4
N Amazon Fire TV 5