Jail breaking latest apple version

velocity

Sep 6, 2013
Anyone else having trouble jail breaking the latest Apple TV 2 version 6.2 using Seasonpass?
On Windows XP and Windows 7 I keep getting a dialog saying "This apple TV is not eligible for this version".
On Mac it at least tries to jail break but right after the "Patching File" it fails.

This is occuring on a box I previously jailbroke with no difficulty.

I tried it on 3 different Windows machines and one mac.

So I even restored it to 5.3 using iTunes and Seas0npass still gives me the dialog saying its not eligible.......something is really screwed up.

filletboy

Nov 27, 2012
Mass, US
For some strange reason, its not working right now

Seems that it went too smoothly for a while and now it has become a pain in the posterior

I will let you know if I can make it work as I am also trying to do an apple 2

:confused:

velocity

Sep 6, 2013
I finally found out its a Seas0n pass problem but with windows only apparently.
Firecore is supposed to be aware of it.
Seas0npass on a Mac will still work but only with OS X beyond 10.7.5.

velocity

Sep 6, 2013
What OS is your Mac on....has to be newer than Lion 10.7.5 otherwise the file patch fails.
If you are using the right OS try restoring Apple to firmware 5.3 first then try the jailbreak.

filletboy

Nov 27, 2012
Mass, US
not sure how to restore it to 5.3 as itunes has restored to 6.2 already

i wonder if there is a way to put it back to 5.3???

also mac is osx 10.9.4 latest

velocity

Sep 6, 2013
Download the ipsw file for 5.3.
After download in iTunes select SHIFT when you press the restore button.
Select the 5.3 file you downloaded and it will restore to that......Apple is still signing 5.3.

filletboy

Nov 27, 2012
Mass, US
Hoooray
what a pain in the *alls

I mean, I had to attempt this at least 11 times before it went through

This is how it used to be though so I should be used to it

I was getting to like the latest (easy) method too much and this was an eye opener

thanks for staying with me Velo**ty, well appreciated
the funny thing is that i probably have done over 300 in the past, humph

BOOOYAH

jerrypineda

Oct 31, 2012
Hi Velo**ty,
Have you by any chance changed the firmware from 6.2 to lower firmware? I got the same problem though. I accidentally pressed the latest version of iTunes to my apple tv 2. Now I'm back to unjailboken atv2 with 6.2.

jerry

filletboy

Nov 27, 2012
Mass, US
Hi Velo**ty,
Have you by any chance changed the firmware from 6.2 to lower firmware? I got the same problem though. I accidentally pressed the latest version of iTunes to my apple tv 2. Now I'm back to unjailboken atv2 with 6.2.

jerry
I myself have no clue how to "downgrade to 5.3" but just use a mac and load seasonPass and then hit Shift Key and click on Create IPSW and you should be off and running

I heard a lot of people saying they will wait for seasonPass to fix but that was a long time ago
good luck

EDIT: also put box in dfu mode without waiting for prompt (hold 2 buttons in for 7+ seconds) seems to help

Last edited:

velocity

Sep 6, 2013
Hi Velo**ty,

jerry
You will have to download the ipsw file for 5.3 for apple 2 (remember where you put it)
You can find it here: http://www.iclarified.com/970/appletv-firmware-download-locations

Plug the Apple TV 2 into your computer and when iTunes starts
if on a mac press Option and the restore button
if on a windows machine press Shift and the restore button
You can then browse to where you downloaded the 5.3 ipsw file and use that for the restore.

crusader88

Apr 19, 2013
I myself have no clue how to "downgrade to 5.3" but just use a mac and load seasonPass and then hit Shift Key and click on Create IPSW and you should be off and running

I heard a lot of people saying they will wait for seasonPass to fix but that was a long time ago
good luck

EDIT: also put box in dfu mode without waiting for prompt (hold 2 buttons in for 7+ seconds) seems to help
The method you described is one of the methods to downgrade. But it just doesn't magically happen like that. The reason why it would downgrade using your method is because you would have your shsh blobs saved

MaxieWagner

Jun 26, 2013
Northern California

good luck

Here is the method I use to restore an Apple TV to a non-jailbroken 5.3:

1) Using Seasonpass, create an IPSW for the 5.3 unit whose signatures you want to save.

2) Exit SP once you are asked to enter DFU mode.

3) Run iReb (inside of iFAITH 1.5.9) and Pwn the ATV in DFU mode.

4) Run iTunes. Alt + Restore. iTunes will restore ATV to 5.3 vanilla (and un-jailbroken).

KEY TIP: When restoring with iTunes, be sure you are choosing the vanilla IPSW file in the my documents/seasonpass/DOWNLOADS folder -- NOT the patched IPSW with the letters SP in the file name that lives in the directory in the my documents/seasonpass folder. This is critical or your process will fail.

This method has always been successful for me.

filly

Jan 31, 2013
Canada
Tried this and get itunes error 3194. Tried Snow breeze and get error 3194. Tried deleting apple entries in hosts. Did not correct problem. Wish I had access to a Mac.