Jail broken iOS 9.02, but Lodi won't run

felixstowe

Jan 4, 2013
Hi all, I have just upgraded my iPad to IOS 9.0.2 I only did t his as a jailbreak has been released for it. Jailbreak was successful and cydia loaded fine. I downloaded kodi and the app shows on my screen but when l try to run it the screen flashes black for a second and then goes back to normal. Anyone else got this problem and if so do you know of a fix ?
Thanks all

roach46

Nov 24, 2014
do a hard reset on the ipad, then try it, also double click your home button to make sure kodi is closed, before trying to open it again

spursgalea1

Sep 16, 2014
london uk
Hi all, I have just upgraded my iPad to IOS 9.0.2 I only did t his as a jailbreak has been released for it. Jailbreak was successful and cydia loaded fine. I downloaded kodi and the app shows on my screen but when l try to run it the screen flashes black for a second and then goes back to normal. Anyone else got this problem and if so do you know of a fix ?
Thanks all
hi your not alone others are having issues aswell. from what o can tell kodi is not compatible with ios9.i might be wrong

felixstowe

Jan 4, 2013
hi your not alone others are having issues aswell. from what o can tell kodi is not compatible with ios9.i might be wrong
Hi guys i think you are right. I have looked at the kodi forum and apparently there is an issue with ios 9 and Kodi.

Warning, if you are jailbroken do not upgrade to I.O.S. 9 at the moment if you want to run Kodi
Cheers all

stinkfinger

May 11, 2012
any of you guys using an apple 3 for the airplay? before ugrading to ios 9 on your ipad. ios 9 now will not mirror to the apple tv2 due to software upgrades in ios 9 it only sees the apple now as audio so the apple 2 is now virtually stuffed unless you can put back to restore to factory and update its software which then allows you to airplay again. I tried to restore mine via its menu and itunes but neither now work and i can't restore it so its a big paper weight now. Probably wait for the 4 to come out at the end of october

Last edited:

stinkfinger

May 11, 2012
finally restored my apple tv and now can mirror again. just waiting for the updated file for kodi to work on ios9 which maybe a while

stinkfinger

May 11, 2012
is it running properly on ipad felix? i put it on just now and the screen is not fullsize and elongated on the ipad and cant see the tab names up and down its 3/4 of the screen and add on tabs are squished. ir feed is running at the bottom

stinkfinger

May 11, 2012
okay i had too fully restore the ipad to factory due to a crash when i tried to open up kodi again. Luckily i backed up 9.0.2 because 9.1 is out and the jailbreak won't work. back to square one cydia fresh install with no extra tweaks added and kodi is now working. airplay is showing the apple 2 as per 8.3 so will see if i can get screen 2 so i get full screen on the hd tv. So everyone make sure you back up via itunes your 9-0.2 so you tunes doesn't automatically update you to 9.1.