Jailbreak appletv3

Eldorado

Staff member
May 7, 2012
Says will be released final week of November.. so should know in just a few days

oso

Sep 19, 2012
I would keep well away from that unless you hear anything from the normal guys, ie firecore, iphone dev team etc. These type of websites have been 100% scams in the past....

Eldorado

Staff member
May 7, 2012
Ha.. now they are saying end of december.. believe it when I see it!

Though for XBMC purposes I think the Raspberry Pi has stolen the show!

FU Apple!

Dreylad

May 29, 2012
Cayman Islands
Getting 2 raspberry pi's over the weekend. Way things are going apple tvs may be obsolete by this time next year with all new set top boxes I've been reading about recently.

smiffy71

May 7, 2012
I never really understand the need anymore. If you want an Apple TV buy a new one. If you want XBMC get a Raspberry PI. In the UK they are £25. Must be cheaper than spending all that money with the EBay rogues. In fact I often feel like putting an advert on eBay saying that the PI is a good ATV alternative. It does annoy me that people are paying £200+ for something that they could get the same, or even better, performance for a tenth of the price.

ryanc1981

Dec 6, 2012
Manchester , England
I never really understand the need anymore. If you want an Apple TV buy a new one. If you want XBMC get a Raspberry PI. In the UK they are £25. Must be cheaper than spending all that money with the EBay rogues. In fact I often feel like putting an advert on eBay saying that the PI is a good ATV alternative. It does annoy me that people are paying £200+ for something that they could get the same, or even better, performance for a tenth of the price.
Its true im running the openelec from tuxen its about the same speed as atv2
heres the link ive seen on atv3
http://www.appletv3jailbreak.com

umOuch

Feb 29, 2012
Somewhere In This Crazy World
Keep it light y'all... This is just a conversation. Nothing more.

P.S. - there will be a jailbreak eventually... I guarantee it. That said... It may be like the boxes box, where we are waiting for years. I will tell you this much. If a REAL ONE comes up. We will know as quickly as anyone else... If not a little bit before. We are n direct communication with some of the folks working on it. If we haven't posted it yet... I will say it is 100% fake.

MarkRich

Banned
May 13, 2012
IMO even if it does get jailbroken, it won't be the latest OS typically that is jailbroken, so anyone who buys one at a later date most likely will have an updated unit and not able to downgrade.

On another note, what are the odds that a 4th gen will be release in spring, then the 3rd gens become extinct and removed from shelves on release date. It's been 9 months since 3rd Gen release, no solid progress. It may not even be out before a 4th gen is release which will almost serve useless for those who: 1) Don't already have one 2) People who do have one but on an unsupported software version

I don't see the dev's updating the test unit every time a new iOS release is out to make sure their vulnerabilities are still active, I could be wrong.

I believe the 3rd gen was release with 5.0.1 or 5.0 I can't remember. 5.0.2 is the oldest being signed currently and probably won't much longer with iOS 6.1 Beta4 coming out just the other day, it won't be long before GM is out. I hope they do get it and I hope that a 4th gen doesn't come out soon and the Jb is for all versions.

I just don't see it happening that way unfortunately, I will stick with the RPi and the 2nd Gens' I was able to hoard myself.