Jailbreaking Apple TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

slacky

Aug 17, 2012
I've got an Apple TV 2 on 4.0 that I want to jailbreak. I normally just let seasonpass download the latest firmware and perform the jailbreak but it was trying to download 5..2.1 which only has a tethered jailbreak. What's the last firmware that can be untethered and how do I go about jail breaking it?

Kjxn

May 11, 2012
Do you have your shshblobs saved? If not, then try a different version of Seas0npass that supports your current firmware, if you have your blobs saved, then you can take a different route by upgrading to an untethered firmware by creating a custom ipsw.

Last edited:

XxAnthxX

Feb 16, 2013
Apple ain't signing any of the recent firmwares anymore only 5.2.1 (ios6.1.3), so it's tethered only on that front.

I don't know if any of the 4.? versions can still be done, I upgraded from that many moons ago.

slacky

Aug 17, 2012
What software would I use to jailbreak on 5.1? I've tried snow breeze and season pass but they all do the shift restore in iTunes but keep getting errors because apple aren't signing any more

slacky

Aug 17, 2012
Do you have your shshblobs saved? If not, then try a different version of Seas0npass that supports your current firmware, if you have your blobs saved, then you can take a different route by upgrading to an untethered firmware by creating a custom ipsw.
How would I put the custom ispw onto the Apple TV?

slacky

Aug 17, 2012
I've managed to save the blobs but how do u get a custom firmware onto the Apple TV. The seasonpass I've got only goes back to 4.2.1 and mines 4.0 or 4.1

jas0npc

Banned
May 5, 2012
UK
I have never done this, but cant you use sn0wbreeze to create the jailbroken and signed f/w then shift-restore it to the atv2?

as I said i have never done it

slacky

Aug 17, 2012
There 4.0 seasonpass only supports 4.1 but has any one got any older versions of seasonpass

Kjxn

May 11, 2012
Yes do as Jas0npc states, that is how it works. I've done it many times. You don't use seas0npass, you would use Sn0wbreeze to create your custom ipsw, then shift restore in iTunes, select your cooked ipsw you just made. You may need to use iReb and tinyumbrella. Google those options if you get any errors in iTunes when restoring.

slacky

Aug 17, 2012
Yes do as Jas0npc states, that is how it works. I've done it many times. You don't use seas0npass, you would use Sn0wbreeze to create your custom ipsw, then shift restore in iTunes, select your cooked ipsw you just made. You may need to use iReb and tinyumbrella. Google those options if you get any errors in iTunes when restoring.
I thought that wouldn't work because apple stopped signing

Mikey1234

Banned
May 6, 2012
UK
Use ifaith or snow breeze to stitch your blobs to ipsw you download

YOU THEN HAVE TO OR IT WON'T WORK

PUT YOU ATV2 INTO PWNED DFU

USING IREB

once in PWNED DFU

You then can shift restore I'm iTunes and choose the custom ipsw you just created

Kjxn

May 11, 2012
3194 error, do the following:

1. Quit iTunes
2. Locate your hosts file, in Mac OS X—>> this is /etc/hosts and in Windows –>> c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
3. Open the hosts file with Administrator privileges (I use notepad)
if you have 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com at the very bottom, you need to add # just before it —>> #74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com or remove it. The # Is commenting it out. Then save.
4. Restart your computer
5. Turn off windows firewall
6. Now, Connect your Appletv to the computer
7. Launch iTunes
8. Put the Appletv into DFU mode (iReb is a good tool to assist with this)
9. Hold shift click restore, point to the downloaded iOS firmware you created.

Kjxn

May 11, 2012
Use ifaith or snow breeze to stitch your blobs to ipsw you download

YOU THEN HAVE TO OR IT WON'T WORK

PUT YOU ATV2 INTO PWNED DFU

USING IREB

once in PWNED DFU

You then can shift restore I'm iTunes and choose the custom ipsw you just created
You beat me to it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.