Jen List Coding

johncross

Apr 27, 2015
anyone know how to print a url which only appears via kodi and not a browser?

Code:
beastmode.biz/beastmode/t3st/xmls/Live/1.NCAAF1.xml

i want to be able to see all the xml information listed in the file but printed in the kodi log in the
Code:
C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi
folder

Last edited by a moderator:

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Not sure I know what you mean. If it is an XML you can simply open that with Notepad. If it is in a file within Kodi you may need to use Python to open *.py files.

johncross

Apr 27, 2015
Not sure I know what you mean. If it is an XML you can simply open that with Notepad. If it is in a file within Kodi you may need to use Python to open *.py files.

its an xml which is only opening via an addon jen list plugin

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
You can navigate to that xml file outside of Kodi and open it with a text editor. The path would be different depending on the platform you are using. Looks like you are on a Windows platform. The path would be something like this:
Go to Start and type the following in the search bar:
Code:
%APPDATA%\kodi\userdata
- press <Enter>

From there you can go the addon you wish to view and select the xml file you are seeking.

johncross

Apr 27, 2015
You can navigate to that xml file outside of Kodi and open it with a text editor. The path would be different depending on the platform you are using. Looks like you are on a Windows platform. The path would be something like this:
Go to Start and type the following in the search bar:
Code:
%APPDATA%\kodi\userdata
- press <Enter>

From there you can go the addon you wish to view and select the xml file you are seeking.
lets just say for example sake i want to view the contents of

Code:

i can see the xml data in view source in a internet browser, i want to do the same in kodi view the coding that the addon is looking at in the log file using a print command

also before anyone suggests the xml file cannot be viewed in an editor or online browser, it must be passed through the jen plugin for the plugin to do its magic to view the xml infomation.

so guessing the robots.txt on the site blocking any browsers.

any suggestions?

Code:
Jen Plugin zip file

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
OK so I assume you have installed the jen pluggin (I personally have never heard of it, so sorry if I sound a bit ignorant on this).
To see the content of the xml you would go to
Code:
%APPDATA%\kodi\userdata
From there, navigate to the Addons folder where you will see all your addon. Enter the jen folder and find the xml you need to examine. Alternatively, you could simply extract the content of the zip file without installing it, navigate to the said xml. In both cases, you can open the xml using a text editor.

johncross

Apr 27, 2015
OK so I assume you have installed the jen pluggin (I personally have never heard of it, so sorry if I sound a bit ignorant on this).
To see the content of the xml you would go to
Code:
%APPDATA%\kodi\userdata
From there, navigate to the Addons folder where you will see all your addon. Enter the jen folder and find the xml you need to examine. Alternatively, you could simply extract the content of the zip file without installing it, navigate to the said xml. In both cases, you can open the xml using a text editor.
thanks for your replies, yes its installed on my laptop,

the xml is a web path and not a file saved in the addon itself,

i can view all the coding for the python files but i want to see data which is passed through the addon which itself is an xml file

hope that clears up that the xml is only being processed via jen plugin and not viewable by any other method be it notepad ++

Shinzin

Staff member
Feb 16, 2017
This has nothing to do with python,and sounds totally off the wall,
BUT...
Try LibreOffice
ROFLMAO!!

Last edited:

CanBert

Mar 23, 2013
anyone know how to print a url which only appears via kodi and not a browser?

Code:

i want to be able to see all the xml information listed in the file but printed in the kodi log in the
Code:
C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi
folder

Not a windows guy but in term on any linux machine:

Code:
wget beastmode.biz/beastmode/t3st/xmls/Live/1.NCAAF1.xml
That will grab/download it it to pc.