Just got my Fire TV - bummer

Jahosafat

Jan 5, 2013
Natchitoches, LA
Just got the Fire TV and we were really pumped to install Kodi (I've got it on my iPhone 6 and ATV2).

I began the install process for TVMC, but aborted once I got realized TVMC had been deleted.

So I followed these directions: http://www.tvaddons.co/install-kodi-amazon-fire-tv/

I even used the same sacrificial app - Drive-In Classics.

First time I started up the Drive-In Classics app, Kodi came up for a second, maybe two, but then disappeared and Drive-In Classics came up.

Now when I start Drive-In Classics, it appears that Kodi attempts to start (almost like the screen flashes) but it never actually does.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

JOE

KLit75

Jun 10, 2014
Just got the Fire TV and we were really pumped to install Kodi (I've got it on my iPhone 6 and ATV2).

I began the install process for TVMC, but aborted once I got realized TVMC had been deleted.

So I followed these directions: http://www.tvaddons.co/install-kodi-amazon-fire-tv/

I even used the same sacrificial app - Drive-In Classics.

First time I started up the Drive-In Classics app, Kodi came up for a second, maybe two, but then disappeared and Drive-In Classics came up.

Now when I start Drive-In Classics, it appears that Kodi attempts to start (almost like the screen flashes) but it never actually does.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

JOE
That guide is maybe a little outdated. I actually don't remember "Drive in Classics" being a sacrificial app.
Ikonotv works and adbfire automates the llama process so you can switch the icon to kodi.
Also, I believe tvmc is still in play store.

Jahosafat

Jan 5, 2013
Natchitoches, LA
Update - after remounting the TV and restarting AFTV, Kodi seems to work wonderfully using the guide I previously posted. I did absolutely nothing to correct the problem. Ghost in the machine?

Anhow guys, thanks for reaching out. If I have anymore problems or decide to actually make the Drive In Classics icon change to the Kodi icon I'll follow your instructions. My wife is happy with the setup, which is a victory in its own right.

Thanks again,

JOE

Landrover

Dec 1, 2014
Glad you got it working, perhaps it just needed a restart after the install which is often the case.

If you download the latest version of adbFire (v1.27) the sacrificial apps now used by Llama are IkonoTv amd TubiTV. Although previous versions also used Classic TV (can't remember seeing Drive In Classics) the process for enabling the sacrificial app is same when selected through Llama.

Happy wife is a good thing :)