KEYBOARD.XML - share yours

umOuch

Feb 29, 2012
Somewhere In This Crazy World
Not sure what the plan is here but if you are thinking of changing keymaps on the fly via an addon then this (undocumented) command may come in useful:

Code:
xbmc.sleep(1000)
xbmc.executebuiltin('Action(reloadkeymaps)')
If you have just written the keymap file the sleep makes sure it is there when the next line executes.
The reloadkeymaps is self-explanatory.
Awesome. Thanks... This is my plan. Wanting to add a section to the hub maintenance tool. Hoping to get a list of xmls for a list of remotes.

The

Sep 9, 2012
i have a few keyboard.xml's on different machines for different remotes,but im not sure you'd be interested because some of them are not full, or are very perspnalised to me.

maybe this is why people are not giving their keyboard.xml's?

oso

Sep 19, 2012
strictly an MCE remote guy which does eveything I need out the box, so cant contribute sorry, but great idea.

Don_black

May 25, 2012
I know this might not be the right place but I did not see any ouya post other than the main. I got ouya last night followed tutorial made few minor adjustments to direction on my end, but working flawlessly. I am using constellation app on ipad mini to control as I do with my atv2's...... Navi-treme took a while to load and would not load, for some reason. I found a work around using "Madwiz92" workaround everything working now. Next test change skins and see how performance.

invisable

Feb 23, 2013
UK
This is my basic remote.xml file it is pretty much the same as the keyboard.xml file I wrote it for my CEC enabled LG TV which only sends out signals on a few buttons, this may be of use to some people.

it is to be inserted into your keymaps folder in userdata for openelec the location is:------

/storage/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps/

it is only very basic and assumes that the remote is working with the navigation and playback buttons already, but you have no context or info button

while browsing your librarys/addon/filemanager the
skip-forward button operate context menu
skip-back button operates info

when playing videos and pictures they work as they should but music needs to be in full screen visualisation mode mode to skip to next track.

grab it here http://www.sendspace.com/file/h5w2ju

click on small blue rectangular box or your end up with downloading the wrong thing :)

Last edited:

RustyCage

Sep 3, 2013
Hi!
I have added these keys to my ketboard.xml:

-<FullscreenVideo>
-<keyboard>
<d>ShowTime</d> (shows current play time etc)
<t>RunScript(script.xbmc.subtitles)</t> (opens the subtitle script menu and searches subtitles)
<w>subtitledelay</w> (to adjust subtitles when they're out of sync)

:)

marson52

Aug 4, 2013
UK Manchester
This is mine for GMYLE® Windows 7 Vista XP Media Center MCE PC Remote Control
Code:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Windows-Control-Infrared-Receiver-Ultimate/dp/B003ZV3J72
This remote works great for windows 8 , only the volume up and down using the TV, and context menu did not work

After weeks of searching found this info on how to fix this for this remote

Hope it helps anyone using this remote

******Volume up and down worked with windows but not with TV*******

To enable Windows media volume keys you need to modify relevant lines in file "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\keymaps\appcommand.xml" :
<volume_mute>Mute<volume_mute/>
<volume_down>VolumeDown</volume_down>
<volume_up>VolumeUp</volume_up>

then you need to create file advancedsettings.xml in folder (on Windows 7) "C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata" as below:

<advancedsettings>
<enablemultimediakeys>true</enablemultimediakeys>
</advancedsettings>

That's all. Volume keys on your "TV" remote should work now.

********To remap context menu to the hash key and record key put this keyboard xml********
in users appdata roaming xbmc userdata keymaps

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>>
<f14>VolumeDown</f14>
<f13>Mute</f13>
<numpadtimes>Info</numpadtimes> <!--star key -->
<numpadfive mod="alt">ContextMenu</numpadfive> <!--hash key -->
<return mod="alt">XBMC.ActivateWindow(Home)</return> <!--Start key -->
<f4 mod="alt">Info</f4> <!--close key -->
<r mod="ctrl">Info</r> <!--record key -->
</keyboard>